Spider-man: Superior Team-Up

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Spider-man: Superior Team-Up

Postby ccm00007 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:45 pm

Hi,

I have a question about Spider-man: Superior Team-Up from the Infinity Gauntlet set. His ability reads as follows:

Spider-Man's card is considered to have the affiliations of all the character cards on your team.

My question relates to his interaction with The Collector: Driven by Purpose, which reads:

Awaken - Choose an unpurchased character die with purchase cost 3 or less. Field that character die at level one. At the end of the turn or when the die leaves the Field Zone, return it to its card. You may only use this ability once per turn (no matter how many The Collector dice you spin up).

Scenario: I have Collector on my team, and my opponent has Spider-Man on theirs. I use Collector's ability to field my opponent's Spider-Man. What affiliations would Spider-Man have?

1) The affiliations on the cards from my opponent's team
2) The affiliations on the cards from my team

Thank you for your time.
ccm00007

Re: Spider-man: Superior Team-Up

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:22 pm

In this situation, the Spider-Man die would have the affiliations of all the cards on your team, not your opponent’s team.
dmrulesteam

Postby jackalopespam » Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:56 pm

That's a very interesting question answer. Which makes me wonder about another mostly similar situation. Suppose my opponent has a Spider-Man: Superior Team-Up die in the field. I then use Supergiant: Remote Possession (When fielded, take control of target character die.) to gain control of their Spider-Man. Will Spider-Man gain the affiliations of my team instead?
jackalopespam

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:30 pm

Yes. When a player takes control of an opponent’s Character die, that die no longer belongs to your opponent. Therefore, if a die is receiving a modifier, gained ability or attribute from a Static ability, it would immediately lose that application when an opposing player takes control of that die. Likewise, an active Static ability from the opposing player who took control of a die is immediately applied to that die now under their control. However, any Applied ability modifiers would remain with the controlled die.

Spider-Man's ability is akin to a Static ability. Thus, when you take control of a die it is the same as if you have a virtual card of that die on your team.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions