Teaming Up

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Teaming Up

Postby odinwolf » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:29 pm

So the booklet is a little sparse.contradictory in it's information about teaming up. You place the dice together so that they are touching. They operate in tandem, yet attack and block separately.

Does this mean that each member of the team can attack and block separate opposing characters, or does it mean that they attack or block the same character/opponent, but the damage is assigned individually and not together?

I personally see it as the latter, but the rules don't make it distinct which of the two scenarios it is.
odinwolf

Re: Teaming Up

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Let me try to break down what you're asking about regarding Heroic into a few different points:

1) If I pair up my Storm and Wolverine, then choose to attack with both of them, my opponent would need 1 character die to block each of them. My opponent could choose to block one, both, or neither of the paired up dice.

2) If I pair up my Storm and Wolverine, then choose to block with them, I can choose to have them block 2 different attackers, the same attacker, no attackers, or have one of them block an attacker while the other doesn't block.

2a) If Storm and Wolverine block the same attacker while paired up, this is the same as when two characters who aren't paired up block a single attacker: the attacking player chooses how the damage is distributed between the blockers.

I hope that clears everything up for you!

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions