Iceman and bonuses to Attack

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Iceman and bonuses to Attack

Postby judgementjames » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:38 pm

So Iceman Mister Friese has an ability which says, "The first time each turn you field another character, Iceman gains +3A (no matter how many Iceman dice you have fielded)." My question is since Iceman's card says "field another character" does that mean that you could field him and then field another character right after him to give him the bonus the same turn he's fielded? Beyond that it doesn't say the bonus goes away at the end of the turn like Human Torch Playing with Fire does so does that mean he can just get bigger and bigger?

My last question is about the order in which bonuses stack, if I were using Iceman Too cool for Words who has the ability "Once per turn, you may pay 1 bolt to double Iceman's attack", and I wanted to use a global to add some attack damage as well, would I be able to add to his attack with the global then double his new attack value, or does the doubling effect only happen to his printed attack and then the global bonus stacks on top of that?

Thank you so much for your time and answers, it is greatly appreciated.
judgementjames

Re: Iceman and bonuses to Attack

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:21 pm

As for your question on Mister Friese, that is correct that he can get the bonus right away. Page 18 of the Marvel Dice Masters Uncanny X-Men Rulebook states:

Once gained, bonuses last until the end of the turn.

You can add to his attack, then double it. However, if you doubled his attack, new bonuses after that point wouldn't be doubled as well.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions