Imprisoned, Uncanny X-Men, #28, 'takes' damage clarification

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Imprisoned, Uncanny X-Men, #28, 'takes' damage clarification

Postby pishposh » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:32 am

Imprisoned
This die captures any number of opposing characters with a total fielding cost of 2 or less. This effect lasts until canceled or you damage your opponent (return the captured die to the field).

Magneto - Hellfire Club
While Magneto is active, if your opponent has no Villains in the field, he takes 2 damage each time he draws one or more dice from his bag.

If I have Magneto fielded and my opponent has no Villains in the field he takes 2 damage when he draws dice from his bag. Does this damage count as me damaging my opponent, releasing captured characters from Imprisoned action die? Am I considered the source of the damage, or is it similar to the lose 1 life rule when not enough dice are available.

Uncanny X-Men rulebook page 6
If, after refilling the bag from the used pile, you are still only able to draw 3 dice or fewer, lose 1 life and gain 1 generic energy for each die below four that your drew. For example, if you drew only two dice from the bag, you would gain 2 generic energy and lose 2 life.
pishposh

Re: Imprisoned, Uncanny X-Men, #28, 'takes' damage clarifica

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:54 pm

If I have Magneto fielded and my opponent has no Villains in the field he takes 2 damage when he draws dice from his bag. Does this damage count as me damaging my opponent, releasing captured characters from Imprisoned action die? Am I considered the source of the damage, or is it similar to the lose 1 life rule when not enough dice are available.

Yes, you are considered the source of the damage.

You damaging your opponent is dealing them damage from a character or effect you control.

Your opponent losing life does not count as them taking damage.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby mike » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:10 pm

Is Magneto in that example considered the source of the damage, or You, or both?
mike

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:47 pm

Magneto deals the damage.

Imprisoned checks damage from you and all sources you control.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions