Imprisoned

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Imprisoned

Postby khaven77 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:27 pm

The basic action card Imprisoned has a few of us puzzled. The card read "This die captures any number of opposing characters with a total fielding cost of 2 or less. This effect lasts until canceled or you damage your opponent(return the captured die to the field). My question is if my opponent has 3 characters in play each with a fielding cost of 1, can I capture all 3 of them or can I only capture up to 2 of them? Thank you for your help with this.
khaven77

Re: Imprisoned

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:21 pm

You can only capture 2 of them.

If your opponent had 8 dice in play with fielding cost of 0, you could grab them all though! You could also select to capture less than all of them if you wanted to.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby dyerkitty » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:58 am

Hate to piggy back of the original here, but what does total fielding cost in this context mean?

Is it the total fielding cost of the character?

Or is it the cost to field the character side?

Example: Professor X has a total fielding cost of 6 - level 1 costs 1, level 2 costs 2, and level 3 costs 3 for a total of 6. This would make Professor X safe from Imprisoned.

Or - I have have 3 Professor X in the field. Each one on a different level. Level 1 could be captured. Level 2 could be captured. Level 3 could not.

If this action works in the latter way - you guys really should have worded it different.
dyerkitty

Postby mightymeatsauce » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Would this work the same on "Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence"? Specifically, since it costs nothing to "field" can Imprisoned take it off the board, or is it not considered a character?
mightymeatsauce

Postby antifates13 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:05 pm

If I use imprisoned and capture my opponents dice then activate Mr. Sinisters global, can I deal the damage to the captured dice?
antifates13

Postby puuka » Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:08 pm

What does capturing them involve? Are they just taken off the field until the damage occurs? Do you get to use them against your opponent?
puuka

Postby guidox » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:38 pm

Hi,

I have a doubt about this card.

When imprisoned effects end? I understand that the last till canceled (using namor for example) or when you damage your opponent.

If the effect is not canceled or I don´t damage my opponent, will imprisoned effect last "forever" or it will end until the end of turn?
guidox

Postby grantcobb » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:48 pm

My friend and I played using this card, via which he successfully captured three sets of my character die (including, I believe, six of my sidekick die.) This left me with two die to use. I lost the game due to the resultant inability to draw die. To make this shorter, does fielding a second Imprison die cancel the first one? It seems extremely off-balance with the rest of the basic action cards.
Thank you.
grantcobb

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:32 pm

dyerkitty wrote:Hate to piggy back of the original here, but what does total fielding cost in this context mean?

Is it the total fielding cost of the character?

Or is it the cost to field the character side?

Example: Professor X has a total fielding cost of 6 - level 1 costs 1, level 2 costs 2, and level 3 costs 3 for a total of 6. This would make Professor X safe from Imprisoned.

Or - I have have 3 Professor X in the field. Each one on a different level. Level 1 could be captured. Level 2 could be captured. Level 3 could not.

If this action works in the latter way - you guys really should have worded it different.

mightymeatsauce wrote:Would this work the same on "Cerebro - Cybernetic Intelligence"? Specifically, since it costs nothing to "field" can Imprisoned take it off the board, or is it not considered a character?

1) Imprisoned takes into account the total fielding cost of all the characters it is trying to capture. It only looks at the die's face that is showing. So a level 1 Professor X would not be safe from Imprisoned, but a level 3 Professor X would be.

2) Only characters can be captured, unless specifically stated otherwise.

antifates13 wrote:If I use imprisoned and capture my opponents dice then activate Mr. Sinisters global, can I deal the damage to the captured dice?

puuka wrote:What does capturing them involve? Are they just taken off the field until the damage occurs? Do you get to use them against your opponent?

3, 4) As per the rulebook on capturing:

When you capture a die, move the captured die to your field and
place your capturing die on top of it. The captured die no longer exists
for game purposes. Once the capturing ends, place the die wherever it
came from (the text on the capturing die’s card will tell you where you
captured it from). Unless otherwise noted, capturing ends at the end
of the turn, or when the capturing die is knocked out.

guidox wrote:Hi,

I have a doubt about this card.

When imprisoned effects end? I understand that the last till canceled (using namor for example) or when you damage your opponent.

If the effect is not canceled or I don´t damage my opponent, will imprisoned effect last "forever" or it will end until the end of turn?

5) Imprisoned's effect ends when cancelled, removed from the field, or through its own effect (you dealing your opponent damage).

grantcobb wrote:My friend and I played using this card, via which he successfully captured three sets of my character die (including, I believe, six of my sidekick die.) This left me with two die to use. I lost the game due to the resultant inability to draw die. To make this shorter, does fielding a second Imprison die cancel the first one? It seems extremely off-balance with the rest of the basic action cards.
Thank you.

6) Fielding a second Imprisoned die doesn't cancel the first one.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions