Emma Frost, Hellfire Club, Unc X-Men #123 & Toad Tongue Lash

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Emma Frost, Hellfire Club, Unc X-Men #123 & Toad Tongue Lash

Postby kwarrend » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:39 pm

If my opponent has a Lvl 1 Toad - Tongue Lashing fielded (with a * side) and I field Emma Frost - Hellfire Club I will be forced to attack with her in my attack step, and take two damage in doing so. When I assign to attack, will Emma Frost re-direct 1 of the damage back at my opponent or is this not considered "being damaged by a (fist) character"?
kwarrend

Re: Emma Frost, Hellfire Club, Unc X-Men #123 & Toad Tongue

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:38 pm

This would reflect back on Toad. As a Fist character, Toad is dealing damage directly to Emma, therefore triggering her special ability.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby scorpion0x17 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:51 pm

By "This would reflect back on Toad" do you mean that Emma Frost would deal 1 damage to Toad or 1 damage to one's opponent (the player controlling Toad)?

The wording on Emma's card is:

[q]Whenever Emma Frost is damaged by a [Fist] character, redirect the first 1 damage from her to your opponent.[/q]
scorpion0x17

Postby mike » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Does this mean that the character that produces the damage is always considered the source? Meaning they are doing the damage? There are multiple cards that specify in the ability description that 'They' damage, and there are multiple that just say 'Do' damage.
Examples:

1. Pyro, Saint-John Allerdyce: When Pyro is blocked, HE deals 1 damage to your opponent.

2. Pyro, Pyrokinetic: When Pyro attacks, pay up to 2 bolts. Deal 1 damage to your opponent for each bolt spent.

So does both examples work the same way, or does it depend on the wording.
mike

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:57 pm

Yes, Emma Frost deals the first 1 damage from Toad (a Fist character) to Toad's owner.

dmrulesteam

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:02 pm

mike wrote:Does this mean that the character that produces the damage is always considered the source? Meaning they are doing the damage? There are multiple cards that specify in the ability description that 'They' damage, and there are multiple that just say 'Do' damage.
Examples:

1. Pyro, Saint-John Allerdyce: When Pyro is blocked, HE deals 1 damage to your opponent.

2. Pyro, Pyrokinetic: When Pyro attacks, pay up to 2 bolts. Deal 1 damage to your opponent for each bolt spent.

So does both examples work the same way, or does it depend on the wording.

Both examples work the same way. Cards/dice are considered the source of their own damage.

dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions