Attacking in multiples - Canuckelhead, Tsarina, Uncontrolled

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Attacking in multiples - Canuckelhead, Tsarina, Uncontrolled

Postby vera » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:33 pm

Ever since the "other characters" ruling some attacking abilities have had me unsure:

First off, Wolverine "Canuckelhead" - when wolverine attacks alone he is unblockable. My question is: If i attack with 2 or more Canucklehead dice and only those dice are they all unblockable, as it is JUST wolverine attacking?

Secondly my other area of uncertainty is with the abilities of cards like Tsarina & Pyro rare for example - When Black Widow attacks, she deals 2 damage to your opponent. Will these type of abilities happen multiple times if multiple (lets say) Black Widow dice attack on the same turn?
vera

Re: Attacking in multiples - Canuckelhead, Tsarina, Uncontro

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Let me begin with Wolverine, Canucklehead.

2. Leave me alone. If it is something that requires it to be the only thing in the field, then "character" is typically actually referring to individual dice and it will consider other dice, even if they are duplicates, to be "present" for purposes of determining whether the effect will trigger. This occurs on cards like the solo attack Wolverines, in the future cards like this will typically use language similar to, "If a Wolverine die attacks alone it cannot be blocked."

From this thread: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1636&p=4604&hilit=alone#p4604

As for Tsarina, each Tsarina die goes off individually - each one is attacking. The 2nd Tsarina die wouldn't try to deal damage to your opponent for the 1st Tsarina die however. The ability is self-referential. "When Beast blocks..." means "When this die blocks..." and so on. Just like Tsarina, Pyro - Uncontrolled is also self-referential.

Hope that helps!

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby bremal » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:37 am

I found this discussion while looking about Pyro - Uncontrolled and while I read this, I had a question pop into my head about Angel - Inspiring. Since it it worded in the same fashion, would that allow for each Angel - Inspiring dice to give a bonus to the sidekicks? If 3 Angel - Inspiring and a sidekick are attacking, does the sidekick gains +3A/+3D due to each Angel dice's ability?
bremal

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:53 pm

Angel: Inspiring's card text clarifies this:

When Angel attacks, your Sidekicks get +1A and +1D (no matter how many Angel dice attack).

So at most the Sidekicks get +1A and +1D (even if you attacked with 4 Angel dice).

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions