Marvel Girl (Humanity) vs. - Black Widow (Tsarina)

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Marvel Girl (Humanity) vs. - Black Widow (Tsarina)

Postby binnet » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:44 pm

I have a question about the tyiming of these two effects.

Black Widow - Tsarina
When Black Widow attacks, she deals 2 damage to your opponent. Your opponent can prevent this by spinning one of his characters down one level.

Marvel Girl - Humanity
When you are attacked, you may spin up Marvel girl one level. If you do, gain 2 life.

Example 1: I have a level 2 Marvel Girl and my opponent attacks with Black Widow, I spin down Marvel Girl to level 1, then spin her up to level 2 and gain two life. This is no problem.

Example 2: I only have a level 1 Marvel Girl fielded when my opponent attacks with Black Widow, can I trigger Marvel Girls effect first. i.e. I spin up Marvel Girl to level 2 and gain two life, then spin her down to level 1.

Example 3: (Let's assume example 2 is incorrect and I am now allowed to trigger Marvel Girls effect first)
I only have a level 1 Marvel Girl fielded when my opponent attacks with two Black Widows. I can't spin Marvel Girl down so I take 2 damage. I then trigger Marvel Girls effect between the attack of the first and second black widow. Spinning Marvel Girl up to Level 2 and gaining 2 life. The effect of the second attacking Black Widow then triggers so I spin my Marvel Girl down to level 1 again to avoid taking damage.

What is correct and/or wrong in these examples?
binnet

Re: Marvel Girl (Humanity) vs. - Black Widow (Tsarina)

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:24 pm

binnet wrote:I have a question about the tyiming of these two effects.

Black Widow - Tsarina
When Black Widow attacks, she deals 2 damage to your opponent. Your opponent can prevent this by spinning one of his characters down one level.

Marvel Girl - Humanity
When you are attacked, you may spin up Marvel girl one level. If you do, gain 2 life.

Example 1: I have a level 2 Marvel Girl and my opponent attacks with Black Widow, I spin down Marvel Girl to level 1, then spin her up to level 2 and gain two life. This is no problem.

Example 2: I only have a level 1 Marvel Girl fielded when my opponent attacks with Black Widow, can I trigger Marvel Girls effect first. i.e. I spin up Marvel Girl to level 2 and gain two life, then spin her down to level 1.

Example 3: (Let's assume example 2 is incorrect and I am now allowed to trigger Marvel Girls effect first)
I only have a level 1 Marvel Girl fielded when my opponent attacks with two Black Widows. I can't spin Marvel Girl down so I take 2 damage. I then trigger Marvel Girls effect between the attack of the first and second black widow. Spinning Marvel Girl up to Level 2 and gaining 2 life. The effect of the second attacking Black Widow then triggers so I spin my Marvel Girl down to level 1 again to avoid taking damage.

What is correct and/or wrong in these examples?

Taken from Page 21 of the DC Comics Dice Masters Rulebook:
• Timing Conflicts
If there is a conflict of timing (e.g., both players want to use an ability simultaneously), the person whose turn it is always resolves their effects first. If simultaneous effects are controlled by the same player, that player chooses the order of those effects. Once activated, an effect is always resolved entirely before the next effect begins. You cannot use an effect after your opponent starts an effect but before it resolves. The only exception to this is when an effect redirects or prevents damage, but those situations are clearly spelled out in the card text.

Tsarina's effect would go first.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions