Damage assigning Question.

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Damage assigning Question.

Postby goodead » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:09 pm

1. My level 3 Wolverine(8/4) assign to attack.

2. My opponent assign to block 1 sidekick(1/1) and 1 level 3 Deadpool(3/7)

3. Can I assign Wolverine's damage to only Deadpool?
(I mean 0 damage to sidekick just 8 damage to Deadpool.
goodead

Re: Damage assigning Question.

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Page 11 of the DC Comics Dice Masters Rulebook handles this.
http://www.wizkids.com/wp-content/uploa ... ok_web.pdf

"...the attacker can choose how to divide the damage between the blockers (and can even assign one full damage and the other zero)."

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby tdub415 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:08 pm

In this case, could he assign all 8 damaged to the Deadpool, since Deadpool only has 7 defense? Can he 'overkill' deadpool, wasting the extra 1 damage, or would he have to apply the extra damage to the sidekick?
tdub415

Postby rlrthesecond » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:13 pm

In the scenario above, could you deal all 8 of Wolverine's damage to the Sidekick and none to Deadpool?
rlrthesecond

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:51 pm

tdub415 wrote:In this case, could he assign all 8 damaged to the Deadpool, since Deadpool only has 7 defense? Can he 'overkill' deadpool, wasting the extra 1 damage, or would he have to apply the extra damage to the sidekick?

rlrthesecond wrote:In the scenario above, could you deal all 8 of Wolverine's damage to the Sidekick and none to Deadpool?

Neither of these situations is an exception to the rulebook reference.

"...the attacker can choose how to divide the damage between the blockers (and can even assign one full damage and the other zero)."

The attacker must assign all of its damage (so it couldn't choose to deal 0 to each blocker).

dmrulesteam

Postby archivist » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:14 pm

I do not think that is what the 2 previous posts are asking (that the player can choose to deal 0 to both blocking characters).

Their questions pertain to choosing to deal all of the attack damage to only one blocker, even if it exceeds (overkills) that blocker's D stat value (and hence 0 damage to the other blocker).

Is the excess (overkill) attacking damage wasted? Or does the attacker have to deal all damage and waste none?
archivist

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:23 pm

archivist wrote:I do not think that is what the 2 previous posts are asking (that the player can choose to deal 0 to both blocking characters).

Their questions pertain to choosing to deal all of the attack damage to only one blocker, even if it exceeds (overkills) that blocker's D stat value (and hence 0 damage to the other blocker).

Is the excess (overkill) attacking damage wasted? Or does the attacker have to deal all damage and waste none?

Excess damage is (may be) wasted. When applying the statement from the rulebook:

There is no exception that checks to see the attack or defense of the characters involved.

dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions