Colossus - Piotr Rasputin effect

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Colossus - Piotr Rasputin effect

Postby archivist » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:32 pm

Colossus - Piotr Rasputin:
[While Colossus is active, at the end of your turn, each of your characters of level 2 or higher deals 2 damage to your opponent (not 2 damage per Colossus die).

SITUATION, pertaining to the bolded portion above:
I have the following dice in my field at the end of my turn (all level 2 or higher): 2 Colossus', 2 Beasts and 2 Black Widows. How much damage would I deal?

(A) 12 damage (counting each die, including the Colossus dice)
(B) 8 damage (counting each die, except the Colossus dice)
(C) 6 damage (counting each unique character, not the number of dice)

I'm saying (A) because, based on a previous ruling you made refering to Namor - The Sub-Mariner, the bolded portion above is a situation of [leave me alone (meaning "character" is typically actually referring to individual dice and it will consider other dice, even if they are duplicates). Colossus' ability specifally applies to characters of level 2 or higher, which would denote a specific die, vice any uniqueness due to affiliation or energy type. Furthermore, since the ability does not specifically exclude the source in question (since the word "other" is not used), the Colossus dice would also be counted.
archivist

Re: Colossus - Piotr Rasputin effect

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:38 pm

archivist wrote:Colossus - Piotr Rasputin:
[While Colossus is active, at the end of your turn, each of your characters of level 2 or higher deals 2 damage to your opponent (not 2 damage per Colossus die).

SITUATION, pertaining to the bolded portion above:
I have the following dice in my field at the end of my turn (all level 2 or higher): 2 Colossus', 2 Beasts and 2 Black Widows. How much damage would I deal?

(A) 12 damage (counting each die, including the Colossus dice)
(B) 8 damage (counting each die, except the Colossus dice)
(C) 6 damage (counting each unique character, not the number of dice)

I'm saying (A) because, based on a previous ruling you made refering to Namor - The Sub-Mariner, the bolded portion above is a situation of [leave me alone (meaning "character" is typically actually referring to individual dice and it will consider other dice, even if they are duplicates). Colossus' ability specifally applies to characters of level 2 or higher, which would denote a specific die, vice any uniqueness due to affiliation or energy type. Furthermore, since the ability does not specifically exclude the source in question (since the word "other" is not used), the Colossus dice would also be counted.

A) Is correct.

Characters can't have a level, only character dice can. Colossus tells each of those dice what to do (2 damage to your opponent). He doesn't exclude his own dice.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions