Doctor Octopus -- Mad Scientist + Thrown Car/Horn of the Uni

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Doctor Octopus -- Mad Scientist + Thrown Car/Horn of the Uni

Postby joel_a » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:57 pm

Hello!

My questions concerns the interaction between Doc Ock (Mad Scientist) and Thrown Car/Horn Of the Unicorn. If the car/horn is rolled action and I attack with doc ock, does he do direct damage to my opponent for his attack value over and above EACH character? To me, this made the most sense since he deals his full damage to each character blocking him. Here's a simple example:

I roll Horn of the Unicorn or Thrown Car and Have Doc Ock fielded on his 8atk/8def face. I give Doc Ock +1 atk with the action die, making him a 9/8. I attack with him, my opponent blocks with three sidekicks. I deal 9 damage to each sidekick, their defense being only 1. Does my opponent then take 24 damage (8*3) due to the interaction of the Horn/Car +Doc Ock?

Thank you for your time,

Joel_A
joel_a

Re: Doctor Octopus -- Mad Scientist + Thrown Car/Horn of the

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:37 am

Damage those monsters deal in excess of the total defense of their blockers is dealt to your opponent.

Based on the wording, he doesn't do damage above EACH character, but instead the total defense versus the damage he deals. This will nearly always be the same thing.

In your example, he deals 27 damage, but the Sidekicks have 3 defense (total). He deals 24 damage to your opponent.

If Doctor Octopus was blocked by 3 characters, one with 20 defense, and two each with 1 defense, he'd deal 5 damage to your opponent (27-22=5).

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions