When Fielded Underdog Abilities

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

When Fielded Underdog Abilities

Postby amp82 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:53 pm

When do you check the number of dice for when fielded Underdog abilities? Does it happen as the die is being fielded or after the die has been fielded?

Example: My opponent has 1 die in the field and I have 0. I then field Black Cat-Party Hardy. Do I get to use the Underdog ability since I had fewer dice as I was fielding or do I not get to use the underdog ability since we have an even number of dice after fielding?
amp82

Re: When Fielded Underdog Abilities

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:27 pm

amp82 wrote:When do you check the number of dice for when fielded Underdog abilities? Does it happen as the die is being fielded or after the die has been fielded?

Example: My opponent has 1 die in the field and I have 0. I then field Black Cat-Party Hardy. Do I get to use the Underdog ability since I had fewer dice as I was fielding or do I not get to use the underdog ability since we have an even number of dice after fielding?

You do not, Black Cat is in the Field Zone for her "When Fielded" ability to trigger, just like characters who have When Fielded abilities that reference their A or D are modified by things in the Field Zone, Black Cat knows she is in the Field Zone when checking for Underdog.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions