Spectre - Blinded By Sin

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Spectre - Blinded By Sin

Postby aenor » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:45 pm

Spectre's text reads "While Spectre is active, all character dice except Spectre must attack this turn." It does not add (if able) as most similar cards do. So does this card overrule abilities that prevent character dice from attacking? For example, there's a Pepper Pots that can't attack. Does Spectre take that away and force her to attack?

Related question. Kitty Pryde - Shadowcat has a global that reads "Pay *mask*. Target character cannot attack this turn unless its owner pays 1 life." If Spectre is active and I use this global, does it force my opponent to pay 1 life, because Spectre is forcing it to attack?
aenor

Re: Spectre - Blinded By Sin

Postby dmrulesteam » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:46 pm

aenor wrote:Spectre's text reads "While Spectre is active, all character dice except Spectre must attack this turn." It does not add (if able) as most similar cards do. So does this card overrule abilities that prevent character dice from attacking? For example, there's a Pepper Pots that can't attack. Does Spectre take that away and force her to attack?

Related question. Kitty Pryde - Shadowcat has a global that reads "Pay *mask*. Target character cannot attack this turn unless its owner pays 1 life." If Spectre is active and I use this global, does it force my opponent to pay 1 life, because Spectre is forcing it to attack?

The parenthetical (if able) on cards is text intended to help people by letting them know an effect can't force something to happen that is being prevented.

As for Kitty Pryde's Global interacting here, you cannot force your opponent (or yourself) to pay a cost. viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1647&p=4605

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions