Gold Pressed Latinum Tokens

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Gold Pressed Latinum Tokens

Postby dmontgomery » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:23 pm

Can you clarify what “cost” means as it pertains to GPLT?
If a card is hidden under Quark, thus costing 0 on my build sheet, how many tokens does it cost to recur the card?
If a weapon is discounted by Sakonna or other discount effects, do I pay printed cost or build sheet cost?
What if I steal an upgrade from my opponent, discard it, and wish to recur it, how much do I pay for that upgrade?

I’d offer that printed cost is the cleanest and least abuseable solution, but I’m happy to hear an official answer.
dmontgomery

Re: Gold Pressed Latinum Tokens

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:49 pm

You are correct, this refers to printed cost.
stawrulesteam

Postby foremir » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:18 pm

Does this same logic work in other similar situations. For example, where Ezri Tigan states she can steal a tech with SP cost of 5, is that printed cost, or does that include faction penalty or reductions???
foremir

Postby stawrulesteam » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:15 pm

The previous ruling is actually an errata and we've updated the post.

Regarding your question, unless printed cost is explicitly stated, "cost" refers to modified cost (i.e. the cost you paid for a card).
stawrulesteam

Postby darkarth » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:54 am

So in this instance is Quark recosting the card underneath him to 0 points or is Quark keeping the cost of the card but negating it during the squad building phase?

For example I put Shield Adaption under Quark on a Dominion ship that meets the requirements is it still 5 points but not accounted for during squad building OR is Quark recosting the card to 0 points?
darkarth

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:13 pm

The card still has an SP cost, if it didn't Quark's 5 SP limit nor SP modifiers like Sakonna wouldn't matter. Quark lets you essentially smuggle that upgrade onto the ship without paying for it.

For example, if I hide a Shield Adaptation under Quark, I pay 0 SP for it because Quark lets me, but it's cost is still 5 SP for all other purposes.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions