Lurin's Bird of Prey

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Lurin's Bird of Prey

Postby scottaltman9998 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:13 pm

In the case that both players have Lurin's Bird of Prey and another ferengi ship with a ferengi captain, what is the order of firing if both abilities go off at start of combat?

In the case where player 1 has initiative, is it

Situation A:
1) Player 1's Lurin's
2) Player 2's Lurin's
3) Player 1's Ferengi Ship
4) Player 2's Ferengi Ship

or Situation B:
1) Player 1's Lurin's and Ferengi Ship
2) Player 2's Lurins and Ferengi Ship

How would simultaneous firing happen as well.
scottaltman9998

Re: Lurin's Bird of Prey

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:57 pm

Think of "first" and "second" as Captain Skills that are simply above whatever the highest numerical Captain Skill is.

Following that logic, you would resolve this like any other Captain Skill dispute and the following sequence of combat would take place:

"First" Ship w/ Initiative
"First" Ship w/o Initiative
"Second" Ship w/ Initiative
"Second" Ship w/o Initiative
stawrulesteam

Postby darthtoombs » Mon May 27, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi could you clarify a point please? As read the ship ability is:

If there is an opposing ship in the Primary Firing Arc of this ship and the Primary Firing Arc of another friendly Ferengi Ship with a Ferengi Captain equipped to it, target that friendly ship.
This ship attacks first this game round and the target ship attacks second this game round.

I take that to mean the target ship can attack any ship in its range & arc. It does not have to attack the same ship as Lurin’s Bird Of Prey. Is that correct?

Earlier today my friend & I were playing. My lurin’s b-o-p had one ship in its arc let’s call it Enemy Ship A. My friendly Ferengi ship also had Enemy ship A in arc so the ability was triggered. However my friendly Ferengi ship also had another ship, call it Enemy ship B in arc. Enemy ship B was not in the arc of lurins’ b-o-p.

It was my intention to first attack enemy ship A with lurins B-O-p then attack Enemy ship B with my friendly Ferengi ship. Is this correct? Since both Enemy ships were fighter wings and I was about to finish them with weapons ports my friend disputed it and we couldn’t find a clear ruling.

Many thanks in advance
darthtoombs

Postby stawrulesteam » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:48 am

Once the Ability has been triggered, each ship may select any legal targets and they do not have to be the same nor do they have to be the ship targeted for the ability of Lurin's BoP.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions