Inertial Compensators

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Inertial Compensators

Postby ksquared » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:10 am

Inertial Compensators States:

After performing a bank or a turn maneuver with a speed of 2 or greater: Place an AUX token beside the ship. Rotate this ship 180 degrees, even if this ship's base overlapped another ship;s base.

In the following situation: I use Inertial Compensators after performing a green maneuver that allows me to remove an AUX Token. Does the AUX Token from Inertial Compensators get placed before or after I would remove an AUX token based on the green maneuver?

In a similar situation: I use Inertial Compensators after performing a white maneuver but I have the crew upgrade Pavel Chekov on the ship which allows me to remove an AUX token after performing a white maneuver. Does the AUX Token from Inertial Compensators get placed before or after I would remove an AUX token based on the white maneuver and the ability of Pavel Checkov?
ksquared

Re: Inertial Compensators

Postby stawrulesteam » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:44 pm

"nertial Compensators would activate at the end of Step 3. of Activation (Execute Maneuver), but before Step. 4 (Check for Power Strain) as per the Verteron Pulse Trap rulings. This means that you would check to clear Auxiliary Power Tokens at Step 4 after Inertial Compensators resolves.

Pavel Chekov also activates at the end of Step 3 but before Step 4. When a player would have 2 effects that resolve at the same time that player may resolve those effects in any order they choose. Therefore, you could resolve Inertial Compensators first and recieve an Aux then resolve Chekov to clear said Aux. This is consistent with the Verteron Pulse Trap vs Chekov interaction ruling.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions