Dispersal Pattern Sierra & Secondary Torpedo Launcher

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Dispersal Pattern Sierra & Secondary Torpedo Launcher

Postby fillonius » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:07 am

Dispersal Pattern Sierra:
"When attacking with Photon Torpedoes, during the Declare Target Step you may discard this card to target 2 or 3 different ships in your forward firing arc with this attack. If you target 2 different ships, each attack is at -1 attack die. If you target 3 different ships, each attack is at -2 attack dice."

Secondary Torpedo Launcher:
"ATTACK: (Target Lock) Discard this card and spend your target lock to make this attack. If you have already fired another torpedo at an enemy ship in your forward arc this round, you may use this weapon to make a second attack against that ship, at -1 attack die."

If I make a torpedo attack using Dispersal Pattern Sierra, then follow up with Secondary Torpedo Launcher, would the second attack go to all targets of DPS? Or do I need to choose one? If it does go to all targets, would the penalties stack? (so -3 dice if 3 targets)

I read the card as choosing one ship (if you have already fired at AN enemy ship...) but thought I'd check. Thanks!
fillonius

Re: Dispersal Pattern Sierra & Secondary Torpedo Launcher

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:17 pm

Secondary Torpedo Launcher cannot utilize the effect of Dispersal Pattern Sierra because it is not a ""Photon Torpedoes"" Upgrade.

In this scenario, you would choose a single opposing ship that was targeted during the Dispersal Pattern Sierra attack and use Secondary Torpedo Launchers against that ship at -1 attack die.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions