Quark and Ship Unique upgrades

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Quark and Ship Unique upgrades

Postby rbliss » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:30 pm

Can I use Quark (DS9) to hide a second ship-unique upgrade? For example, suppose I equip my ship with the new Romulan Interphase Generator(SP3), which has the "ship unique" symbol. Can I also equip Quark (DS9) to my ship and "hide" a second Interphase Generator upgrade under Quark?

1. Is this configuration allowed?
2. Assuming it is, can I deploy the second IG before removing the first? (It would normally exceed my ship's restrictions, but Quark let's me deploy even if an upgrade exceeds my ship's restrictions.)
3. Assuming the Answer to #1 is YES and #2 is No, can I deploy the 2nd IG after discarding the first one?
rbliss

Re: Quark and Ship Unique upgrades

Postby stawrulesteam » Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:11 pm

[quote="rbliss"]Can I use Quark (DS9) to hide a second ship-unique upgrade? For example, suppose I equip my ship with the new Romulan Interphase Generator(SP3), which has the "ship unique" symbol. Can I also equip Quark (DS9) to my ship and "hide" a second Interphase Generator upgrade under Quark?

1. Is this configuration allowed? No, the card you hide under Quark must be able to be equipped to the ship Quark is on legally. If you already had an Interphase Generator on the ship Quark is equipped to, you cannot hide an Interphase Generator beneath him.
2. Even though you cannot, you would not be able to do this. Exceeding restrictions is specifically in reference to available slots on a ship. You could not be able to ignore uniqueness or other non-slot based restrictions.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions