Thalaron Weapon/Koss/Target priority

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Thalaron Weapon/Koss/Target priority

Postby arken42 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Thalaron Weapon:
Attack: Discard this card to perform this attack. Instead of inflicting normal damage, for each uncancelled [HIT] or [CRIT] result, discard the Captain Card or 1 [CREW] Upgrade (Opponent's Choice) on the target ship. If the Captain and all of the [CREW] upgrades on the target ship are destroyed, any additional uncancelled [HIT] or [CRIT] results damage the ship as normal (max 5 damage). This upgrade may only be purchased for a Reman Warbird.

KOSS: While Koss is on your ship, none of your other Upgrades can be affected by your opponents.

What is target priority with Koss? Can your opponent choose to assign the hits to other [CREW] if they are unable to be affected or does Koss have to take the hit first opening up the other crew to be targeted?
arken42

Re: Thalaron Weapon/Koss/Target priority

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:09 pm

In the case above, as written, Koss would protect all of your Upgrades and only if there was enough damage to affect all of your Upgrades and your captain would your captain be affected, since it is the opponent’s choice and not the attacker.
Example, I have a captain, Koss and 3 other Upgrades on my ship. If there are 3 or less uncanceled hit or crits, I would not lose anything. I would target my 3 other Upgrades first and Koss would protect them. I would need to have a 4th uncanceled hit or crit to discard Koss or the captain and a 5th to discard both. But, after the attack Koss would be discarded.
stawrulesteam

Postby skyguard » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:13 pm

How does this work with Koss errata just posted? Does he still protect all upgrades or only one?

stawrulesteam wrote:No, this interaction was not intentional. And these cards are not thematic of the Star Trek universe. We have talked it over with Chris Guild and will be errataing these cards.

Koss:
While Koss is on your ship, none of your other Upgrades can be affected by your opponents. Discard this card immediately after it protects another Upgrade card.

Dispersion Field:
While this card is deployed to your ship none of your other Upgrades can be affected by your opponents. Discard this card immediately after it protects another Upgrade card. In addition, you may roll your full defense dice in spite of the presence of an opposing ship’s [Scan] Token.
skyguard

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Koss would still protect all of your crew. But, as stated above he would be discarded after the attack or if there was enough damage to force his discard.
stawrulesteam

Postby daisy » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:44 am

Attacker uses Thalaron Weapon and after attack/defence dice are rolled there are 8 un-cancelled hits.

So as the defender I would target all my crew and captain to discard, but dispersion field would then be discarded. Does the Remaining damage go onto the ship? The card says the remaining damage only goes onto the ship if all the captain/crew are destroyed.

Thalaron Weapon:
Attack: Discard this card to perform this attack. Instead of inflicting normal damage, for each uncancelled [HIT] or [CRIT] result, discard the Captain Card or 1 [CREW] Upgrade (Opponent's Choice) on the target ship. If the Captain and all of the [CREW] upgrades on the target ship are destroyed, any additional uncancelled [HIT] or [CRIT] results damage the ship as normal (max 5 damage). This upgrade may only be purchased for a Reman Warbird.
daisy

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:32 am

daisy wrote:Attacker uses Thalaron Weapon and after attack/defence dice are rolled there are 8 un-cancelled hits.

So as the defender I would target all my crew and captain to discard, but dispersion field would then be discarded. Does the Remaining damage go onto the ship? The card says the remaining damage only goes onto the ship if all the captain/crew are destroyed.

Thalaron Weapon:

The remaining damage would damage the ship as if the crew (who cannot be targeted with the damage) were not there in this interaction.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions