Wave 9 - SCIMITAR - Tholaron Weapon

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Wave 9 - SCIMITAR - Tholaron Weapon

Postby deltaangelfire » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:22 pm

My opponent has a ship with Captain Picard, Admiral Kirk, and no crew
I attack him with Tholaron Weapon and end up with 5 [hits] and 5 [critical hits] agaisnt 0 evades.
What is the full sequence for resolving this effect? Is Kirk Discarded and/or how many Criticals end up hitting the ship?

"Instead of inflicting normal damage, for each uncancelled [hit] or [crit] result, discard the Captain Card or 1 Crew Upgrade (opponent's choice) on the target ship. If the Captain and all of the Crew Upgrades on the target ship are destroyed, any additional uncancelled [hit] or [crit] results damage the ship as normal (max 5 damage)."
deltaangelfire

Re: Wave 9 - Tholaron Weapon

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Apply the discards in the same order as you would apply damage, hits then crits.

1 [hit] is absorbed by Picard. He is discarded at which point Kirk immediately becomes captain.
Kirk (now the Captain) absorbs a second [hit] result.
The ship will take up to 5 of the damage from what is left over ( 3 [hit]s and 5 [crit]s.)
stawrulesteam

Postby charlesskrobis » Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:23 am

The big question here is the interaction with koss or dispersion field.

So if it's 1 at a time, can I choose the same thing over and over again until the effect ends and then just throw out dispersion field?

Or would I choose all targets at the same time and then apply that so that while dispersion field saves the crew, the captain is still lost and then dispersion field is discarded?

Or would it go 1 at a time, and dispersion field discards on the first one stopping the crew from discarding, and then it starts picking 1 upgrade at a time normally?
charlesskrobis

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:21 am

charlesskrobis wrote:The big question here is the interaction with koss or dispersion field.

So if it's 1 at a time, can I choose the same thing over and over again until the effect ends and then just throw out dispersion field?

Or would I choose all targets at the same time and then apply that so that while dispersion field saves the crew, the captain is still lost and then dispersion field is discarded?

Or would it go 1 at a time, and dispersion field discards on the first one stopping the crew from discarding, and then it starts picking 1 upgrade at a time normally?

You would choose all targets at the same time and then apply them one at a time so that while dispersion field saves the crew, the captain is still lost and then dispersion field is discarded (by it's own ability).
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions