General - Sensor Echo and Mines

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

General - Sensor Echo and Mines

Postby vtmobius » Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:51 pm

If I trigger a cloaked/multikinetic/antimatter/minefield during movement and then use the sensor echo action to move again through the minefield but still within affecting range of the minefield do i trigger the mines twice? Once for the end phase of movement and then once again after the sensor echo action?
vtmobius

Re: Sensor Echo and Mines

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:11 pm

vtmobius wrote:If I trigger a cloaked/multikinetic/antimatter/minefield during movement and then use the sensor echo action to move again through the minefield but still within affecting range of the minefield do i trigger the mines twice? Once for the end phase of movement and then once again after the sensor echo action?

No. Mines are only triggered by movement. Reveal your dial and move your ship. If you are within the area of effect of a mine token or your maneuver template crossed into a mined area you trigger the mine and will risk mine damage, BUT you get to take your actions first. IF that action is a sensor echo or an extra movement you roll mine damage after your actions are complete, EVEN IF your actions take you out of the mined area. You have already triggered the mines, moving beyond them won't help you escape. If your actions take you from a non-mined area and into a mined area that also triggers the mines.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions