General - Add +1 attack die

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

General - Add +1 attack die

Postby jsterling01 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:32 pm

I.R.W Valdore - If you perform a Green Maneuver, add +1 attack die for the reminder of this round.

I.R.W Khazara - If you initiate an attack while cloaked, add +1 attack die.

Donatra - All other friendly ships within Range 1 of your ship gain +1 attack die.

Do any of these abilities apply to multiple attacks every round?
jsterling01

Re: Add +1 attack die, I.R.W Valdore, I.R.W Khazara and Dona

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:29 am

jsterling01 wrote:
I.R.W Valdore - If you perform a Green Maneuver, add +1 attack die for the reminder of this round.

I.R.W Khazara - If you initiate an attack while cloaked, add +1 attack die.

Donatra - All other friendly ships within Range 1 of your ship gain +1 attack die.

Do any of these abilities apply to multiple attacks every round?

No, the text on the IRW Valdore adds 1 attack die that may be used in any 1 attack during the round.

But, Donatra adds 1 attack die to friendly ships for each attack they make in the round.

And IRW Khazara would add 1 attack die to each attack made that round.
stawrulesteam

Postby thewaspinator » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:17 pm

Does Romulan Officer affect one attack or multiple?
"Romulan Officer - Action: Discard this card. If you initiate an attack while cloaked this round, add +2 attack dice. You cannot roll any defense dice this round."
thewaspinator

Postby jsterling01 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:23 am

If you perform multiple Green maneuver's in a round on the I.R.W Valdore, will it recieve multiple bonus dice?
jsterling01

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:14 am

thewaspinator wrote:Does Romulan Officer affect one attack or multiple?
"Romulan Officer - Action: Discard this card. If you initiate an attack while cloaked this round, add +2 attack dice. You cannot roll any defense dice this round."

No, the card states you get +2 attack dice "this round". You would add 2 dice (in total) to to their attack rolls that round. As stated in the FAQ:

9. When a card ability allows a player to gain a certain number of attack or defense dice "this round" (for example, Scotty), how does this work?
For attack dice, this allows the player to add that many attack dice (in total) to his attack rolls during that round's Combat Phase. If a player is able to make multiple attacks during the same Combat Phase, the player may choose when to add the bonus attack dice. These dice can even be added to Secondary Weapon attacks.

For defense dice, this allows the player to add that many defense dice (in total) to his defense rolls during that round's Combat Phase. If the player is attacked multiple times during the same Combat Phase, the player can choose when to add the bonus defense dice.

Note that this type of text is different from a continuous bonus which does not use the phrase "this round" (for example, the text on Donatra or Terrell). A continuous bonus applies to all attack and defense rolls made by the affected ships during that round.
stawrulesteam

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:30 pm

jsterling01 wrote:If you perform multiple Green maneuver's in a round on the I.R.W Valdore, will it recieve multiple bonus dice?

As stated in the FAQ:
2. If the Valdore performs two Green Maneuvers during the same Activation Phase, does it receive its attack bonus twice?
No. The Valdore's text only checks to see if you have performed at least one Green Maneuver.

http://wizkidsgames.com/wp-content/uplo ... 202014.pdf
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions