Resistance - Blind - Scout 255 - Dispersion Field

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Resistance - Blind - Scout 255 - Dispersion Field

Postby stad » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:01 pm

I encountered this last nite.

I fire a Thalaron weapon at a ship equipped with Dispersion field.

I rolled 5 damage; which 1 went to wipe out the captain and another towards a crew member saved by the dispersion field.

Now that would allow 3 more damage to hit the shields, but because a crew member still exists, we ruled that the damage is discarded.

1) Is this how it should work?

2) Because crew were protected and skipped over, damaged is applied to the shields?

3) Dispersion protects the first crew from damage, is discarded, so 2nd damage needed to remove that crew.

Thanks
stad

Re: Dispersion Field vs Thalaron Weapon

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:29 pm

stad wrote:I encountered this last nite.

I fire a Thalaron weapon at a ship equipped with Dispersion field.

I rolled 5 damage; which 1 went to wipe out the captain and another towards a crew member saved by the dispersion field.

Now that would allow 3 more damage to hit the shields, but because a crew member still exists, we ruled that the damage is discarded.

1) Is this how it should work?

2) Because crew were protected and skipped over, damaged is applied to the shields?

3) Dispersion protects the first crew from damage, is discarded, so 2nd damage needed to remove that crew.

Thanks

Dispersion Field may be used, but it must be decided to be used before the damage is assigned. If Dispersion Field is used, the Defender will assign damage to each crew member or the captain until there is no more crew and captain or there is no more damage. The crew are protected by the Dispersion Field, but when damage is assigned to the Captain, the Captain is discarded. If there is more damage than the number of crew plus the captain, the remaining damage is applied to the ship (max 5 damage to the shields or hull). After the attack is finished Dispersion Field is discarded.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions