General - Card Cost Modification

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

General - Card Cost Modification

Postby jrmac » Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:30 pm

I have a query about card cost modifications and the order in which they get modified.

Examples

A. Sakonna is on a ship of faction A. She grants -2 to all weapon upgrades of cost 5 or less. I put a 5 point faction B weapon on that ship (so it will have the out of faction penalty applied). Would the faction penalty be applied first, making the cost here 6 and so not eligible for the discount, or would it be applied after the discount making the cost 4.

B. Do you have to resolve all discount at once, or can they be resolved cumulatively in succession i.e. a weapon of cost 6 is put on a ship. Ind Fleet Cpt granting -1 on weapons upgrades is in the fleet. Sakonna is on the ship. Would the cost be 5 or 3?
jrmac

Re: General - Card Cost Modification

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:57 pm

jrmac wrote:I have a query about card cost modifications and the order in which they get modified.

Examples

A. Sakonna is on a ship of faction A. She grants -2 to all weapon upgrades of cost 5 or less. I put a 5 point faction B weapon on that ship (so it will have the out of faction penalty applied). Would the faction penalty be applied first, making the cost here 6 and so not eligible for the discount, or would it be applied after the discount making the cost 4.

B. Do you have to resolve all discount at once, or can they be resolved cumulatively in succession i.e. a weapon of cost 6 is put on a ship. Ind Fleet Cpt granting -1 on weapons upgrades is in the fleet. Sakonna is on the ship. Would the cost be 5 or 3?

A) Faction Penalty would apply first. You must first pay penalties for the upgrade before you may reduce the cost. In your example, the cost of the weapon would be 6 points and Sakonna would not be able to reduce it's cost.

B) Discounts may be resolved cumulatively in succession in the order the owner wants to resolve them. The cost of the weapon in your example would be 3. 6-1=5-2=3.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions