Wave 1 - IRW Praetus - Valdore

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Wave 1 - IRW Praetus - Valdore

Postby charlesskrobis » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:13 am

So Valdor gets a +1 attack die if he is not is his opponent's forwards arc.

He makes no reference to needing or needing the lack of arc on his own ship, just the lack of a forwards arc on his opponent's ship.

Someone told me that he can't work as the captain of a Borg ship, but will always work against a Borg ship.

Is this true that he can't work and has an unstated arc requirement on his own ship?
Or does he work normal, and his ability still applies if I can get him outside of my opponent's forwards arc? (The only one his ability seems to check for.)
charlesskrobis

Re: Does Valdore work as captain a Borg ship

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:42 am

charlesskrobis wrote:So Valdor gets a +1 attack die if he is not is his opponent's forwards arc.

He makes no reference to needing or needing the lack of arc on his own ship, just the lack of a forwards arc on his opponent's ship.

Someone told me that he can't work as the captain of a Borg ship, but will always work against a Borg ship.

Is this true that he can't work and has an unstated arc requirement on his own ship?
Or does he work normal, and his ability still applies if I can get him outside of my opponent's forwards arc? (The only one his ability seems to check for.)

Ships with a primary 360 Firing arc do not have a forward or rear arc.

-Any Upgrade (or special ability) that references the absence or presence of a forward or rear firing arc on an enemy ship functions against a ship with a primary 360 firing arc as if that ship does not have a forward or rear firing arc.
-Any Upgrade deployed to a ship with a primary 360 firing arc that references the absence or presence of a ship's forward or rear firing arc does not function.

Valdore's text references the absence of an opponent's forward firing arc. And therefore will work when facing a Borg ship with a primary 360 Firing arc.
Valdore's text references the absence of a ship's forward firing arc. And therefore will not function any time deployed to a ship with a Primary 360 Firing arc.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions