Wave 8 - Queen Vessle Prime - Borg Shield Matrix

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Wave 8 - Queen Vessle Prime - Borg Shield Matrix

Postby thelovebus » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Borg Shield Matrix

Every time your ship's Hull or Shields are damaged by an enemy ship, place 1 Borg Shield Matrix Token on this card [ MAX 3 ]

One

ACTION: Discard this card to perform this Action. For each Damage your ship suffers this Round, Disable one of your Active Shields instead of Destroying it.

If i have both on the same ship and I use One does it Trigger the Borg Shield Matrix when I am hit and Disable a Shield?
thelovebus

Re: Borg Shield Matrix

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:16 am

thelovebus wrote:Borg Shield Matrix

Every time your ship's Hull or Shields are damaged by an enemy ship, place 1 Borg Shield Matrix Token on this card [ MAX 3 ]

One

ACTION: Discard this card to perform this Action. For each Damage your ship suffers this Round, Disable one of your Active Shields instead of Destroying it.

If i have both on the same ship and I use One does it Trigger the Borg Shield Matrix when I am hit and Disable a Shield?

No, your shields are not being damaged if you are using One's ACTION.
stawrulesteam

Postby dmontgomery » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:39 pm

What does the wording "This upgrade has no effect on a Species 8472 ship." mean?

Is it
a) If an 8472 ship damages the ship using the Shield Matrix that no token is added?
b) If an 8472 ship is using the upgrade the upgrade does not function?
c) The benefits from the tokens on the Shield Matrix don't activate against 8472 ships/upgrades?
d) Some other interpretation.
dmontgomery

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:25 pm

dmontgomery wrote:What does the wording "This upgrade has no effect on a Species 8472 ship." mean?

Is it
a) If an 8472 ship damages the ship using the Shield Matrix that no token is added?
b) If an 8472 ship is using the upgrade the upgrade does not function?
c) The benefits from the tokens on the Shield Matrix don't activate against 8472 ships/upgrades?
d) Some other interpretation.

Cards that state "This upgrade has no effect on a Species 8472 ship." mean that the card does not interact with Species 8472 ships.
In this case, if a 8472 ship damages the ship using the Shield Matrix no tokens would be added and the tokens would not give any bonus against the attack.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions