General - modifying dice outside of combat phase

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

General - modifying dice outside of combat phase

Postby dantron » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:33 am

Am I allowed to use target lock, captain (5) worf, reroll tactical drone, etc when using admiral worf's ability? Since this free attack falls out of the regular attack phase can I modify dice?
dantron

Re: General - modifying dice outside of combat phase

Postby stawrulesteam » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:25 pm

dantron wrote:Am I allowed to use target lock, captain (5) worf, reroll tactical drone, etc when using admiral worf's ability? Since this free attack falls out of the regular attack phase can I modify dice?

The Target lock, evade, and battle station tokens may only be spent during the combat phase as stated in the manual on page 10.

Any other abilities that do not state they only work during the combat phase may be used to modify attack dice or defense dice outside of the combat phase.
stawrulesteam

Postby jhare » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:27 pm

1)Does this mean that the defender's -1 defense for the attacker having a scan token applies as it is not spent but provides a passive effect?
2)Does this mean that the defender's +4 defense for the defender having a cloak token applies as it is not spent and provides a passive effect?
jhare

Postby ketsue » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:39 pm

Do range 1 attack bonus and range 3 defensive bonus still apply during an attack made outside of the combat phase?
ketsue

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:06 pm

ketsue wrote:Do range 1 attack bonus and range 3 defensive bonus still apply during an attack made outside of the combat phase?

Yes
stawrulesteam

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:03 pm

jhare wrote:1)Does this mean that the defender's -1 defense for the attacker having a scan token applies as it is not spent but provides a passive effect?
2)Does this mean that the defender's +4 defense for the defender having a cloak token applies as it is not spent and provides a passive effect?

1. No, as stated on page 10 of the manual:

A ship with a [Scan] Token beside it during the Combat Phase reduces the number of defense dice rolled by his opponent

2. No, as stated on page 28 of the manual under the Cloak action:

During the Combat Phase, the ship gains +4 defense dice.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions