Wave 11 - Prototype 01 - Gareb

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Gareb and Unique Captains

Postby seijitataki » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:25 pm

Gareb:
"At the start of the game, after set up, place a Captain Card under this card so that the Skill Number is visible. This is the Captain Skill of this card."

Do cards placed underneath Gareb count against the number of Unique cards that you can field? IE: If I place a Jean-Luc Picard under Gareb, does this prevent me from placing a Jean-Luc Picard on another ship?
seijitataki

Wave 11 - Prototype 01 - Gareb

Postby arken42 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:20 am

At the start of the game, after set up, place a Captain Card under this card so that the Skill Number is visible. This is the Captain Skill of this Card. the cost of the card is the cost of the Captain Card at -3 SP (Min 0). Gareb can field 1 [Elite Talent] Upgrade for each [Elite Talent] icon on the captain Card. This card cannot be affected by anything that affects Captain Cards and my only be purchased for a Romulan Drone Ship.

1. Does Gareb gain any Action or Ability text of the Captain placed under him?

2. Can you purchase the fleet captain resource for Gareb or the captain placed under him?

3. Do you pay faction penalty for Gareb or the Captian placed under him?
arken42

Re: Wave 11 - Prototype 01 - Gareb

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:01 pm

arken42 wrote:At the start of the game, after set up, place a Captain Card under this card so that the Skill Number is visible. This is the Captain Skill of this Card. the cost of the card is the cost of the Captain Card at -3 SP (Min 0). Gareb can field 1 [Elite Talent] Upgrade for each [Elite Talent] icon on the captain Card. This card cannot be affected by anything that affects Captain Cards and my only be purchased for a Romulan Drone Ship.

1. Does Gareb gain any Action or Ability text of the Captain placed under him?

2. Can you purchase the fleet captain resource for Gareb or the captain placed under him?

3. Do you pay faction penalty for Gareb or the Captian placed under him?

1. No, Gareb's card states you only gain the Captain Skill, Elite Talent icons, and use the SP cost to calculate Gareb's cost.
2. No, Gareb may not be affected by anything that affects Captain Cards.
3. Gareb may only be deployed to the Romulan Drone ship and will never be able to be deployed to another faction's ship.
You must pay Faction Penalty for the Captain placed under Gareb if the Captain placed is not a Romulan Captain.
stawrulesteam

Re: Gareb and Unique Captains

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:03 pm

seijitataki wrote:Gareb:
"At the start of the game, after set up, place a Captain Card under this card so that the Skill Number is visible. This is the Captain Skill of this card."

Do cards placed underneath Gareb count against the number of Unique cards that you can field? IE: If I place a Jean-Luc Picard under Gareb, does this prevent me from placing a Jean-Luc Picard on another ship?

Yes, the Captain placed under Gareb is in play and would restrict you from playing another copy of the Captain if it is unique.
stawrulesteam

Postby mugatoj » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:55 pm

With Exchange Officer Resource, does a non-romulan captain you put under Gareb benefit from the cost -1 reduction?
mugatoj

Postby stawrulesteam » Fri May 08, 2015 12:20 pm

mugatoj wrote:With Exchange Officer Resource, does a non-romulan captain you put under Gareb benefit from the cost -1 reduction?

Yes, but note that the minimum cost of any card is 0.
stawrulesteam

Gareb and Borg Alliance

Postby democratus » Wed May 27, 2015 6:15 pm

Can Gareb utilize the drone tokens from the Borg Alliance card?
democratus

Re: Gareb and Borg Alliance

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:26 pm

democratus wrote:Can Gareb utilize the drone tokens from the Borg Alliance card?

No Gareb would not be able to have Drone tokens added to his card from Borg Alliance.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions