WI 037 Gertrude Yorkes & Old Lace

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

WI 037 Gertrude Yorkes & Old Lace

Postby seanmcd » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:07 am

Gertrude Yorkes and Old Lace have a trait that says

;Star; MY PARENTS ONLY LEFT ME ONE THING: At the beginning of the game place adjacent an Old Lace Bystander. When Old Lace would take damage, you may instead deal Gertrude Yorkes and Old Lace 1 unavoidable damage.

On page 16 of rule book Pushing Damage is described as
Pushing damage is a type of damage dealt that can’t be reduced or prevented from being dealt or taken by any effect except one that specifically mentions pushing damage.

If the Old Lace bystander token was to be given a second action token and therefore become pushed could Gertrude Yorkes and Old Lace activate the MY PARENTS ONLY LEFT ME ONE THING trait to take the pushing damage instead of the Old Lace bystander?
seanmcd

Re: WI 037 Gertrude Yorkes & Old Lace

Postby hcrulesteam » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:25 am

seanmcd wrote:If the Old Lace bystander token was to be given a second action token and therefore become pushed could Gertrude Yorkes and Old Lace activate the MY PARENTS ONLY LEFT ME ONE THING trait to take the pushing damage instead of the Old Lace bystander?

No. As stated, pushing damage can't be avoided except by effects that specify pushing damage. Since MY PARENTS ONLY LEFT ME ONE THING does not specify pushing damage, Old Lace must take that pushing damage.
hcrulesteam

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive