Shifting Focus

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

Shifting Focus

Postby csrak » Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:49 pm

SHIFTING FOCUS: BLACK WIDOW: FREE: If Black Widow began your turn on the map, replace her with another character with this trait.

REPLACING CHARACTERS:[...] When creating your Sideline, you identify these replacement characters for a specific replacement effect, and they can’t be referenced or used by other effects.

If I have 2 characters with the same Shifting Focus effect on the map, (such as BWM 001 Black Widow and BWM 005 Black Widow), and I also have one in my side-line (let's say BWM 013 Black Widow), can I use Shifting Focus to replace BWM 001 Black Widow with the one in my side-line (BWM 013 Black Widow), and then replace the second one (BWM 005 Black Widow) with BWM 001 Black Widow who is now in my side-line?
csrak

Re: Shifting Focus

Postby hcrulesteam » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:41 pm

csrak wrote:If I have 2 characters with the same Shifting Focus effect on the map, (such as BWM 001 Black Widow and BWM 005 Black Widow), and I also have one in my side-line (let's say BWM 013 Black Widow), can I use Shifting Focus to replace BWM 001 Black Widow with the one in my side-line (BWM 013 Black Widow), and then replace the second one (BWM 005 Black Widow) with BWM 001 Black Widow who is now in my side-line?

Yes. The effect being used by all the characters is "SHIFTING FOCUS: BLACK WIDOW". All characters can enter and leave the Sideline for that specific effect, but could not be used for any other Sideline effect.
hcrulesteam

Postby jaysolomongrundy » Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:41 pm

BONUS: The bystanders printed on this map are "Iron Avengers." At the beginning of the game, choose a friendly character of 50 points or more. That character has "POWER: Roll a d6. If the result is odd, generate the matching Iron Avenger in the square equal to the result if that Iron Avenger isn't already on the map. If EAX#056 Iron Man is on your starting force, he must be the chosen character. If so, he can't otherwise generate Iron Avengers. Instead, this Location bonus is a FREE action and he generates an Iron Avenger on any result (not just on odd number results).

;Star; SHIFTING FOCUS: BLACK WIDOW: FREE: If Black Widow began your turn on the map, replace her with another character with this trait.

Suppose I designate BWM 001 Black Widow to be able to be given the POWER action to attempt to generate Iron Avengers. 001 Black Widow takes the Location POWER action and then uses the SHIFTING FOCUS: BLACK WIDOW trait to be replaced with BWM 005 Black Widow.

Another Black Widow on the force, let's say BWM 009 Black Widow, uses SHIFTING FOCUS: BLACK WIDOW to be replaced with that same copy of 001 Black Widow.

Can that replaced 001 Black Widow take the POWER action in addition to the first use?
jaysolomongrundy

Postby hcrulesteam » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:05 pm

jaysolomongrundy wrote:Suppose I designate BWM 001 Black Widow to be able to be given the POWER action to attempt to generate Iron Avengers. 001 Black Widow takes the Location POWER action and then uses the SHIFTING FOCUS: BLACK WIDOW trait to be replaced with BWM 005 Black Widow.

Another Black Widow on the force, let's say BWM 009 Black Widow, uses SHIFTING FOCUS: BLACK WIDOW to be replaced with that same copy of 001 Black Widow.

Can that replaced 001 Black Widow take the POWER action in addition to the first use?

No.
hcrulesteam

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive