Object Attacks

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

Object Attacks

Postby clownprince » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:11 am

CLOSE Object Action – CLOSE: If this character is holding an object, make a close attack targeting a single character and modify damage +1 if the object is light or +2 if the object is heavy. Immediately after the attack resolves, KO the object.

RANGE Object Action – RANGE: Minimum range value 6. If this character is holding an object, make a range attack targeting a single character that, instead of normal damage, deals 2 damage if the object is light or 3 damage if the object is heavy. Immediately after the attack resolves, KO the object.

SHAPE CHANGE When this character would be targeted by an attack, you may roll a d6. ;Dice5; - ;Dice6; : This character can’t be targeted by the attacker this turn and the attacker may choose a different target instead.

If I target someone with an object attack and they succeed at Shape Change, do I still destroy the object?

Can I just choose to activate an Object Action without a target just so I can KO the held object?
clownprince

Re: Object Attacks

Postby hcrulesteam » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:26 am

clownprince wrote:If I target someone with an object attack and they succeed at Shape Change, do I still destroy the object?

Yes. The attack resolves with no target, so the object would be KO'd.

Can I just choose to activate an Object Action without a target just so I can KO the held object?

Yes.

Note that (in both examples) the character is not considered to have attacked, so effects that trigger off a character making an attack would not trigger.
hcrulesteam

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive