WK20-G001 Galactus

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

WK20-G001 Galactus

Postby warrendo » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:39 pm

How To Play The Herald Dial: You may pay 25 points to include the Herald dial on your starting force. This dial is in use whether Galactus is on the map or on your Sideline and this dial's effects apply until the Herald is KO'd. The 25 points for this dial are scored when the Herald is KO'd.

Cosmic Rebirth: During force construction, choose a standard friendly character whose point value is equal to or less than half the build total to become the "Herald". The Herald has a range value of 5 if its printed range value is less and can't be equipped of replaced. the Herald has Power Cosmic team ability and can use the power displayed on the Herald dial."

If I choose to use Galactus on my starting force, can I still pay the 25 points to use the Herald Dial?
warrendo

Re: WK20-G001 Galactus

Postby hcrulesteam » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:17 am

warrendo wrote:If I choose to use Galactus on my starting force, can I still pay the 25 points to use the Herald Dial?

Yes.
hcrulesteam

Postby clownprince » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:20 am

How To Play The Herald Dial: You may pay 25 points to include the Herald dial on your starting force. This dial is in use whether Galactus is on the map or on your Sideline and this dial's effects apply until the Herald is KO'd. The 25 points for this dial are scored when the Herald is KO'd.

Your Words Are Spoke! The Die Is Cast! So Shall It Be!: The Herald has "POWER: If you occupy an opponent's starting area, roll a d6. If the result is equal or more than the number displayed on the Herald dial, place Galactus from your Sideline anywhere on the map on his purple (100 point) starting line." (Galactus scores 100 points if KO'd.)

If I use the Herald Dial and Galactus is KO'd, do I still get to use the effects of the Herald Dial?

When playing Galactus, the Elemental Converter dial is in use whether he is on your force or your Sideline.

Can I include Galactus on my sideline for free just to use the Elemental Converter dial?
clownprince

Postby hcrulesteam » Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:29 am

clownprince wrote:If I use the Herald Dial and Galactus is KO'd, do I still get to use the effects of the Herald Dial?

Yes. The effects remain until the Herald is KO'd, regardless of if Galactus was KO'd.

Can I include Galactus on my sideline for free just to use the Elemental Converter dial?

No. In order to include Galactus on your Sideline, you must pay the 25 point cost to use the Herald Dial.
hcrulesteam

Postby dnpowell12 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 1:04 pm

25.2b Assigning Equipment
During force construction, each equipment added to your starting force must be assigned to a character on your starting force. You may not assign equipment to characters on your Sideline. If the equipment was added to your force for 0 points due to a qualifying keyword/name, it must be assigned to a character with the matching qualifying keyword/name.

COSMIC REBIRTH: During force construction, choose a standard friendly character whose point value is equal to or less than half the build total to become the "Herald". The Herald has a range value of 5 if its printed range value is less and can't be equipped or replaced. The Herald has [Power Cosmic] and can use the power displayed on the Herald dial.

Can a character be chosen to be a "Herald" of Galactus and have equipment assigned to them?
dnpowell12

Postby hcrulesteam » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:47 am

dnpowell12 wrote:Can a character be chosen to be a "Herald" of Galactus and have equipment assigned to them?

No. Characters that can't be equipped, can't be assigned equipment.
hcrulesteam

Return to HeroClix Rules Questions