F4FF 063 Prisoner of Planet Doom

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

F4FF 063 Prisoner of Planet Doom

Postby grystor » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:42 pm

Prisoner of Planet Doom has the trait:
A WORLD NOT OF MY MAKING, YET OF MY DESIGN: At the beginning of the game, if you are not the first player, roll a d6. 3-4: First player skips their first turn. 5-6: First player skips their first turn and this game Prisoner of Planet Doom may choose both options for his Doom Takes What He Wants trait.

14.1 The Rule of First Turn Immunity
After the Beginning of the Game phase and until each player has finished their first turn, characters have the Immune keyphrase unless they leave their starting area (which includes starting squares).

Does skipping your turn count as finishing a turn for the purpose of first turn immunity ending?
grystor

Re: F4FF 063 Prisoner of Planet Doom

Postby hcrulesteam » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:29 am

grystor wrote:Does skipping your turn count as finishing a turn for the purpose of first turn immunity ending?

Yes. The player will be considered to have taken and finished their first turn. Their characters would still be protected by First Turn Immunity until the second player completes their first turn.
hcrulesteam

Postby jaysolomongrundy » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:05 pm

THE MANY FACES OF DOOM: At the beginning of the game, you may choose a starting line of equal points on a character from your sideline that also has this trait. If you do, replace this character with the chosen character.

A WORLD NOT OF MY MAKING, YET OF MY DESIGN: At the beginning of the game, if you are not the first player, roll a d6. 3-4: First player skips their first turn. 5-6: First player skips their first turn and this game Prisoner of Planet Doom may choose both options for his Doom Takes What He Wants trait.

If Prisoner of Planet Doom is on the map at the beginning of the game, if it is no longer on the map when the triggered ability resolves, will it still resolve?

For example: Player B is going second. Player B has Prisoner of Planet Doom on his starting force. Player A (the first player) declares that Player B resolves "Many Faces of Doom" as the first Beginning of Game trigger. Player B replaces Prisoner of Planet Doom with another Doom. Player A then declares that Player B resolves ;Star; A WORLD NOT OF MY MAKING, YET OF MY DESIGN.

Does Player B get to resolve this effect despite Prisoner of Planet Doom being off the map?
jaysolomongrundy

Postby hcrulesteam » Sat Jul 09, 2022 12:49 am

jaysolomongrundy wrote:If Prisoner of Planet Doom is on the map at the beginning of the game, if it is no longer on the map when the triggered ability resolves, will it still resolve?

For example: Player B is going second. Player B has Prisoner of Planet Doom on his starting force. Player A (the first player) declares that Player B resolves "Many Faces of Doom" as the first Beginning of Game trigger. Player B replaces Prisoner of Planet Doom with another Doom. Player A then declares that Player B resolves ;Star; A WORLD NOT OF MY MAKING, YET OF MY DESIGN.

Does Player B get to resolve this effect despite Prisoner of Planet Doom being off the map?

Yes. Since the effect was active at the beginning of the game, you resolve the effect regardless of the character still being on the map and resolve as much of the effect as legally possible.
hcrulesteam

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive