XTAS 100 Magneto

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

XTAS 100 Magneto

Postby twokings » Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:02 am

X-Men Animated Dark Phoenix 100 Magneto has this trait and the X-Men keyword.

LOST IN THE SAVAGE LAND WITH MY RIVAL At the beginning of the game, roll a d6. [1-2]: An opponent chooses one of their characters of 75 points or less. [3-6]: You choose an opposing character of 75 points or less. If a character is chosen, then place Magneto and the chosen character and 3 Lost tokens on this card. // At the end of your turn, remove a Lost token from this card. When the last Lost token is removed, or if a force has no characters on the map, place Magneto and the chosen character in their starting areas (in squares of your choice).

Rise and Fall Professor X 028 has this trait.

RECRUITING FOR A FUTURE THREAT At the beginning of the game, you may replace up to 5 friendly characters with the same number of characters from your Sideline on their starting clicks. All replacement and replaced characters must have the X-Men, Shi'ar, or Illuminati keyword(s) and different names. The total points of the replacement characters can't exceed the total points of the replaced characters.

Both will trigger at the beginning of the game. If I choose to replace Magneto with a character from my Sideline how does his trait resolve? If I choose to resolve his trait first, can I still replace him with a character from my Sideline?
twokings

Re: XTAS 100 Magneto

Postby hcrulesteam » Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:53 am

twokings wrote:Both will trigger at the beginning of the game. If I choose to replace Magneto with a character from my Sideline how does his trait resolve? If I choose to resolve his trait first, can I still replace him with a character from my Sideline?

For this specific interaction, if Magneto's effect resolves first then Professor X's effect will still resolve but Magneto will not be allowed to be chosen to be replaced. If Professor X's effect resolves first, then Magneto's effect will not resolve. Please note that this ruling applies specifically to this interaction to maintain the spirit of the game and is not to be applied to any other similar interaction.
hcrulesteam

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive