EW 042 Green Lantern

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

EW 042 Green Lantern

Postby hectorxv » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:06 pm

Trait:

ONE LAST EARTHLY MISSION: When another friendly character is KO'd, place a Resurrection marker in a square they last occupied. Give Green Lantern a free action when she is adjacent to a Resurrection marker, you may choose the name of a friendly character with a point value of 10 or more that has been KO'd and hasn't yet been chosen this game. Replace the Resurrection marker with a KO'd friendly character with that name and give Green Lantern an action token, if possible. Turn the KO'd character to any click it could have been on this game. At the beginning of your next turn, remove that character from the game but don't score it.

Questions:

1. Can a resurrected character be KO'd again?

2. If so, would my opponent score the points again?
hectorxv

Re: EW 042 Green Lantern

Postby hcrulesteam » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:15 am

hectorxv wrote:1. Can a resurrected character be KO'd again?

Yes.

2. If so, would my opponent score the points again?

Yes.
hcrulesteam

Postby millerlite33 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:57 pm

Trait:

ONE LAST EARTHLY MISSION: When another friendly character is KO'd, place a Resurrection marker in a square they last occupied. Give Green Lantern a free action when she is adjacent to a Resurrection marker, you may choose the name of a friendly character with a point value of 10 or more that has been KO'd and hasn't yet been chosen this game. Replace the Resurrection marker with a KO'd friendly character with that name and give Green Lantern an action token, if possible. Turn the KO'd character to any click it could have been on this game. At the beginning of your next turn, remove that character from the game but don't score it.

Question: Would the Character brought back stay if Green Lantern was KO'd?
millerlite33

Postby tophatgorilla » Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:40 am

If I am using Green Lantern with WF063 Wonder Woman (25 pts) and Wonder Woman is KO'd, Can I use Green Lantern's trait to bring her back into play on click 6 since she could have been put on that click over the course of the game?

EW 042 Green Lantern

WF063 Wonder Woman
ISOLATED FROM THIS BROKEN WORLD: Wonder Woman begins the game placed at least 6 squares from any starting area and not adjacent to another character. While on click 11, she can't be moved or placed, and when she is the only character on your force or an opposing character critical hits another friendly character, you may turn her to click 6 and she can't be healed for the remainder of the game.
tophatgorilla

Postby hcrulesteam » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:32 pm

millerlite33 wrote:Question: Would the Character brought back stay if Green Lantern was KO'd?

No. The trigger applies to the resurrected character once it starts the game, and will resolve regardless of what happens to Green Lantern.
hcrulesteam

Postby hcrulesteam » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:37 pm

tophatgorilla wrote:If I am using Green Lantern with WF063 Wonder Woman (25 pts) and Wonder Woman is KO'd, Can I use Green Lantern's trait to bring her back into play on click 6 since she could have been put on that click over the course of the game?

A character that can use the "ISOLATED FROM THIS BROKEN WORLD" trait can't be adjacent to another character when it starts the game.

In the provided example, the Wonder Woman (played at her 25 point cost) would attempt to start the game adjacent to Green Lantern due to the "ISOLATED FROM THIS BROKEN WORLD" trait. Since it would be an illegal square for her to start in, Wonder Woman could not be chosen to be resurrected by Green Lantern.
hcrulesteam

Postby nerdvanacards00006 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:10 pm

Drink Deep, Sapling: Flora Colossus may heal past its starting lines but can't heal except by this trait. At the end of your turn, you may roll a d6. 5-6: Heal 1 click. If it occupies water terrain, heal 2 clicks instead.

If Green Lantern uses ONE LAST EARTHLY MISSION to bring back G008 Flora Colossus, can he enter the game on any click?
nerdvanacards00006

Postby hcrulesteam » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:19 pm

nerdvanacards00006 wrote:
If Green Lantern uses ONE LAST EARTHLY MISSION to bring back G008 Flora Colossus, can he enter the game on any click?

No. If an effect would have a character begin/start the game, or bring a character into the game (from outside the game), on a click number lower than the click number for the starting line of its point cost or starting line/click for a game effect, it begins the game on that starting line/click instead.

In the provided example, the Flora Colossus may not enter the game on a click number lower than the starting line that was used when originally adding it to your starting force.
hcrulesteam

Postby monocle » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:28 pm

Does the "hasn't yet been chosen this game" aspect of Green Lantern's One Last Earthly Mission trait refer to the friendly character that you are choosing or to the name of the friendly character that you are choosing? More specifically, if I have two different characters named "Spider-Man" on my force that have been KO'd, can I resurrect both of them (on separate turns) or am I not allowed to choose the same name more than once?
monocle

Postby hcrulesteam » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:26 pm

monocle wrote:Does the "hasn't yet been chosen this game" aspect of Green Lantern's One Last Earthly Mission trait refer to the friendly character that you are choosing or to the name of the friendly character that you are choosing? More specifically, if I have two different characters named "Spider-Man" on my force that have been KO'd, can I resurrect both of them (on separate turns) or am I not allowed to choose the same name more than once?

Once a specific name has been chosen, that name can't be chosen again when using the effect.

In the provided example, once the name "Spider-Man" was chosen and one of the Spider-Man's was resurrected, you could not later choose the name "Spider-Man" to resurrect the other one that was on your force.

Note that names are specific as to what's printed on the character's combat dial/character card, so you could choose the name "Spider-Man" and later choose the name "Cosmic Spider-Man" as those are two different names.
hcrulesteam

Next

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive