Themed Team Probability Control

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

Themed Team Probability Control

Postby deepfriedgold » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:41 pm

Themed Team Probability Control (TTPC):
If a player’s starting force is a named themed team, it can use TTPC. TTPC allows characters on that force to use Probability Control, up to X total times per game for that force. X is equal to the number of characters with the chosen keyword on that starting force, with a maximum of 5. In addition, a character using TTPC:
• Must have the chosen keyword.
• Must target a character other than itself.
• Must have 0 or 1 action tokens, and immediately is given an action token.

COSTED ACTIONS
By default, four of the action types listed above (MOVE, CLOSE, RANGE, and POWER) are costed actions and follow these rules:
• Giving the action decreases your action total by 1.
• Just before the action resolves, give the character an action token. This signifies that you have resolved the action.
• Can only be activated if the character has 0 or 1 action tokens.
• Can only be activated during the Action phase, when nothing is resolving.
• Can NOT be activated if the character was already given a costed action this turn.

Questions;
1. Can a character TTPC and be given a Costed Action in the same turn? If so, does the order of operation matter (TTPC and then do a Costed Action) or (Costed Action and then do a TTPC)?
deepfriedgold

Re: Themed Team Probability Control

Postby hcrulesteam » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:35 am

deepfriedgold wrote:Can a character TTPC and be given a Costed Action in the same turn?

Yes.

If so, does the order of operation matter?

No.
hcrulesteam

Postby beezie84 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:59 pm

If a player’s starting force is a named themed team, it can use TTPC. TTPC allows characters on that force to use Probability Control, up to X total times per game for that force. X is equal to the number of characters with the chosen keyword on that starting force, with a maximum
of 5. In addition, a character using TTPC:
• Must have the chosen keyword.
• Must target a character other than itself.
• Must have 0 or 1 action tokens, and immediately
is given an action token.

If my character wanted to use TTPC and then an effect would then prevent it from using Probability Control, would I still have to give my character an action token?
beezie84

Postby hcrulesteam » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:48 am

beezie84 wrote:If my character wanted to use TTPC and then an effect would then prevent it from using Probability Control, would I still have to give my character an action token?

Yes. In order for a character to even attempt to use TTPC, it must be given an action token. Even if the effect would then later be prevented, it must still have "paid the cost" of being given the action token.
hcrulesteam

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive