First Turn Immunity

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

First Turn Immunity

Postby bgt » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:25 am

First Turn Immunity:
After the Beginning of the Game phase and until each player has finished their first turn, characters can’t be moved, placed, damaged, or targeted by the effects of opposing game elements unless they leave their starting area (or in rare cases, starting square[s]).

Unavoidable Damage:
Unavoidable damage is a type of damage dealt that can’t be reduced or prevented from being dealt or taken by any effect.

Because Unavoidable Damage can't be prevented by any effect, will it get through First Turn Immunity?
bgt

Re: First Turn Immunity

Postby hcrulesteam » Sun May 06, 2018 9:23 pm

bgt wrote:Because Unavoidable Damage can't be prevented by any effect, will it get through First Turn Immunity?

Yes.
hcrulesteam

Postby anechois » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:45 pm

2) THE RULE OF FIRST TURN IMMUNITY
After the Beginning of the Game phase and until each player has finished their first turn, characters are immune unless they leave their starting area (or in rare cases, starting square[s]).
Immune is a keyphrase that says “This character can’t be moved, placed, damaged, or targeted by the effects of opposing game elements.”

PULSE WAVE
RANGE: Halve range, ;Improved-T; ;Character; ;A-Infinity; . Other characters within range can’t use powers or abilities (for this action). Make a range attack targeting all other characters, at least one of which must be opposing, within range and line of fire using their printed defense values. If more than one character is targeted, each hit character is dealt 1 damage instead of normal damage

Does Pulse Wave bypass the Immune keyphrase during the first turn when characters have First Turn Immunity?
anechois

Postby hcrulesteam » Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:05 am

anechois wrote:Does Pulse Wave bypass the Immune keyphrase during the first turn when characters have First Turn Immunity?

No. The Immune keyphrase will be active during Pulse Wave during First Turn Immunity or anytime a character gains and can use the keyphrase.

Please note that the Immune keyphrase wording should have included "Protected: Pulse Wave". It is missing in the current version of the PAC, but will be added in a future version. Until then, it should be ruled that Immune does have Protected: Pulse Wave.
hcrulesteam

Postby roderic » Sat May 30, 2020 11:17 pm

THE RULE OF FIRST TURN IMMUNITY
After the Beginning of the Game phase and until each player has finished their first turn, characters are immune unless they leave their starting area (or in rare cases, starting square[s]).Immune is a keyphrase that says “This character can’t be moved, placed, damaged, or targeted by the effects of opposing game elements.”

INJUSTICE LEAGUE: At the beginning of your turn, roll a d6. 6: Give an action token to an opposing character that's 100 points or less.

If during the first turn I roll a 6 using the Injustice League trait, would I be able to give an action token to one of my opponent's characters?
roderic

Postby hcrulesteam » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:12 am

roderic wrote:If during the first turn I roll a 6 using the Injustice League trait, would I be able to give an action token to one of my opponent's characters?

Yes. The effect does not specify it targets.
hcrulesteam

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive