WK M16-001 Doctor Octopus

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

WK M16-001 Doctor Octopus

Postby darkstone » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:49 pm

The text in question

;Star; The Arms of the Octopus: At the beginning of your turn, place up to 2 Tentacle Pair tokens on this card (maximum 2). Modify Doctor Octopus' defense value by +1 for each Tentacle Pair token on this card. Give Doctor Octopus a power action, remove 1 or 2 Tentacle Pair Tokens from this card, and until your next turn: Doctor Octopus can use the Giant Reach ability, locks his damage value at his printed value, and can use Flurry once as a free action for each Tentacle Pair token you removed from this card.

My question is, if I were to remove 2 Tentacle Pair Tokens does that mean I can use Flurry twice on the same turn?
darkstone
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:32 pm

Re: WK M16-001 Doctor Octopus

Postby hcrulesteam » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:53 pm

darkstone wrote:My question is, if I were to remove 2 Tentacle Pair Tokens does that mean I can use Flurry twice on the same turn?

Yes. His effect specifically allows you to do so.
User avatar
hcrulesteam
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: WK M16-001 Doctor Octopus

Postby cactusman » Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:57 am

darkstone wrote:The text in question

;Star; The Arms of the Octopus: At the beginning of your turn, place up to 2 Tentacle Pair tokens on this card (maximum 2). Modify Doctor Octopus' defense value by +1 for each Tentacle Pair token on this card. Give Doctor Octopus a power action, remove 1 or 2 Tentacle Pair Tokens from this card, and until your next turn: Doctor Octopus can use the Giant Reach ability, locks his damage value at his printed value, and can use Flurry once as a free action for each Tentacle Pair token you removed from this card.


When Doctor Octopus is given a power action to remove Tentacle Pair Tokens, does he have to be given the free action for Flurry immediately after the power action, or can the free action be given later in the turn?
cactusman
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:44 pm

Re: WK M16-001 Doctor Octopus

Postby hcrulesteam » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:07 pm

cactusman wrote:When Doctor Octopus is given a power action to remove Tentacle Pair Tokens, does he have to be given the free action for Flurry immediately after the power action, or can the free action be given later in the turn?

He may be given the action(s) anytime during that same turn.
User avatar
hcrulesteam
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: WK M16-001 Doctor Octopus

Postby normalview » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:46 am

hcrulesteam wrote:
cactusman wrote:When Doctor Octopus is given a power action to remove Tentacle Pair Tokens, does he have to be given the free action for Flurry immediately after the power action, or can the free action be given later in the turn?

He may be given the action(s) anytime during that same turn.


So does that mean that he can also space out the uses of Flurry if he can use it twice? Can he attack with Flurry once, other stuff happens (maybe countering a new Defense power that has appeared due to the Flurry), then attack with again later?
normalview
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Re: WK M16-001 Doctor Octopus

Postby hcrulesteam » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:04 pm

normalview wrote:So does that mean that he can also space out the uses of Flurry if he can use it twice

Yes.
User avatar
hcrulesteam
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 pm

Re: WK M16-001 Doctor Octopus

Postby mattriddle » Tue May 10, 2016 1:17 am

Is each use of Flurry considered a separate free action, or is it just a single free action to use flurry for each token removed?
mattriddle
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:01 pm

Re: WK M16-001 Doctor Octopus

Postby hcrulesteam » Wed May 11, 2016 3:55 pm

mattriddle wrote:Is each use of Flurry considered a separate free action, or is it just a single free action to use flurry for each token removed?

Each use of Flurry is its own separate free action.
User avatar
hcrulesteam
 
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:26 pm


Return to Past Rules Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

Fatal: Not able to open cache/data_global.php