Wave 11 - Prototype 01 - Triphasic Emitters

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Postby lordgloom » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:07 pm

Can you use Triphasic Emitters to...

-Avoid ship requirements (Example Hypothermic Charge, a non-borg weapon upgrade that costs less than or =5, normally only purchasable for the vidiian ship)
-Avoid penalty requirements (Example Phased Polaron Beam, a non-borg weapon upgrade that costs less than or =5, costs +5 for any non-Jem'hadar ship)
-Avoid Target Locking Requirements (Example almost any Torpedo, Requires a target lock normally to attack, perhaps it would not require the target lock portion)
-Avoid a faction penalty (What if a federation torpedo placed under this romulan upgrade, on a romulan ship)
lordgloom

Postby ketsue » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:18 pm

The card states "At the start of the game after setup choose a non-borg weapon upgrade and place it face down beneath this card. The chosen upgrade must have a cost of 5 SP less."

Does this mean I can take a weapon upgrade from one of my opponents as long as it is 5 SP or lower, or do I select a different upgrade which I own.
ketsue

Re: Wave 11 - Prototype 01 - Triphasic Emitters

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:04 pm

lordgloom wrote:Can you use Triphasic Emitters to...

-Avoid ship requirements (Example Hypothermic Charge, a non-borg weapon upgrade that costs less than or =5, normally only purchasable for the vidiian ship)
-Avoid penalty requirements (Example Phased Polaron Beam, a non-borg weapon upgrade that costs less than or =5, costs +5 for any non-Jem'hadar ship)
-Avoid Target Locking Requirements (Example almost any Torpedo, Requires a target lock normally to attack, perhaps it would not require the target lock portion)
-Avoid a faction penalty (What if a federation torpedo placed under this romulan upgrade, on a romulan ship)

No, the card placed under Triphasic Emitters must still meet ship requirements, pay any penalties in the card text and faction penalty, and must meet the requirements to fire the weapon card placed under it including the requirement to spend a target lock.
stawrulesteam

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:03 pm

ketsue wrote:The card states "At the start of the game after setup choose a non-borg weapon upgrade and place it face down beneath this card. The chosen upgrade must have a cost of 5 SP less."

Does this mean I can take a weapon upgrade from one of my opponents as long as it is 5 SP or lower, or do I select a different upgrade which I own.

Before the game you would choose a weapon to be placed under the triphasic emitters from your own collection. This card must be indicated on your Fleet Build Sheet in a tournament.

This weapon allows you to surprise your opponent with a tactic or attack not steal cards from your opponent.
stawrulesteam

Postby coleslaw » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:18 pm

stawrulesteam wrote:This card must be indicated on your Fleet Build Sheet in a tournament.

Does this mean the name of the card must be written in full on the Build Sheet? And does this apply to other cards like James T. Kirk, Shinzon, Quark and Tahna Los?
coleslaw

Postby stawrulesteam » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:08 pm

coleslaw wrote:
stawrulesteam wrote:This card must be indicated on your Fleet Build Sheet in a tournament.

Does this mean the name of the card must be written in full on the Build Sheet? And does this apply to other cards like James T. Kirk, Shinzon, Quark and Tahna Los?

The card must be identified on your build sheet. Your TO will need to make sure your build is legal and decide how you should identify the card on your build sheet.

At an official Wizkids event that line on your fleet build sheet should be initialed by the TO before the game begins.

Yes, this applies to all cards that are face down during gameplay.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions