Retaliation

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Retaliation

Postby mrbauble » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:23 pm

So I'm exceptionally unclear on how retaliation works. I've tried searching this board and the interwebs,but to no avail. I'll just make a few scenarios

Superman - Kal el and Cyborg - Exceptionally Gifted are the two cards we'll use

1) I have only a single Cyborg dice on the field. My opponent KOs it. Does cyborg count himself as a JL character as he's getting knocked out and deal a damage to my opponent?

2) I have 2 Cyborg dice and a Superman dice on the field. Both of my cyborg dice get KOd, first one, then the other one at a time. How much damage will my opponent be taking?

3) I attack with 2 Cyborg dice and 2 Superman dice. All 4 are KOd when combat damage is dealt. How much damage will my opponent be taking from retaliation? Would that number have changed if I had kept back a Superman die in my field instead of attacking with all 4?

4) I have a Cyborg and a 2 Superman dice on the field . I use the *Basic Action - Invulnerability* and then attack with Cyborg and only 1 of the Superman. The 2 attackers both take lethal damage when combat damage is delt. Are they KOd and then return to the field, thereby triggering Retaliation? How much damage from retaliation will my opponent be taking?

Thanks in advance,

-Devin
mrbauble

Re: Retaliation

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:17 am

mrbauble wrote:So I'm exceptionally unclear on how retaliation works. I've tried searching this board and the interwebs,but to no avail. I'll just make a few scenarios

Superman - Kal el and Cyborg - Exceptionally Gifted are the two cards we'll use

1) I have only a single Cyborg dice on the field. My opponent KOs it. Does cyborg count himself as a JL character as he's getting knocked out and deal a damage to my opponent?

2) I have 2 Cyborg dice and a Superman dice on the field. Both of my cyborg dice get KOd, first one, then the other one at a time. How much damage will my opponent be taking?

3) I attack with 2 Cyborg dice and 2 Superman dice. All 4 are KOd when combat damage is dealt. How much damage will my opponent be taking from retaliation? Would that number have changed if I had kept back a Superman die in my field instead of attacking with all 4?

4) I have a Cyborg and a 2 Superman dice on the field . I use the *Basic Action - Invulnerability* and then attack with Cyborg and only 1 of the Superman. The 2 attackers both take lethal damage when combat damage is delt. Are they KOd and then return to the field, thereby triggering Retaliation? How much damage from retaliation will my opponent be taking?

Thanks in advance,

-Devin

1) He isn't active to count himself.

2) Your opponent will take 1 damage, twice, for 2 damage total.

3) Your opponent will take 0 damage. If you hold back a single Superman die, and 3 other JL character dice are KO'd, it'll turn into 3 damage.

4) Your opponent will take 2 damage since 2 character dice are KO'd and Superman with Retaliation is active. Cyborg isn't in the Field Zone when characters are KO'd.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions