Fabricate

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Fabricate

Postby kennedyhawk » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:45 pm

How does the new Fabricate keyword work?

Is this to be used only during the main step or can I KO the appropriate number and cost of characters anytime I could use a global (and purchase things out side of the main step similar to the options of the organized play Elf Wizard and Beast).
kennedyhawk

Re: Fabricate

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:55 am

kennedyhawk wrote:How does the new Fabricate keyword work?

Is this to be used only during the main step or can I KO the appropriate number and cost of characters anytime I could use a global (and purchase things out side of the main step similar to the options of the organized play Elf Wizard and Beast).

Dice with Fabricate allow you to purchase them for free with the ability - they don't allow new timing windows for the purchase of character dice.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby cabzx » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:35 am

Do I need to have an active dice with fabricate to use this ability?
cabzx

Postby weboflife » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:39 pm

Please, this is another clarification for Fabricate:

If i have 0 dice in my golem, Could i make ko 2 characters to buy a dice although i haven´t any dice on Golem to be bought?
weboflife

Postby cest_madness » Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:00 am

Does fabricate allow you to use opponent's dice to purchase? I have no accessible rulebook from the new set in the area and assumably it would be your own characters, but it just says KO 2 characters (in the case of a Flesh Golem I pulled). :?:
cest_madness

Postby rlrthesecond » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:50 pm

If I use Fabricate, and KO a character that has a "when KO'd" ability, do I immediately use the ability before I purchase the character with Fabricate, or does it trigger after I complete the Fabricate purchase?
rlrthesecond

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:50 pm

cabzx wrote:Do I need to have an active dice with fabricate to use this ability?

No, you don't.

weboflife wrote:Please, this is another clarification for Fabricate:

If i have 0 dice in my golem, Could i make ko 2 characters to buy a dice although i haven´t any dice on Golem to be bought?

No, you can't pay a cost for no effect.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1737&hilit=professor+x#p11590

cest_madness wrote:Does fabricate allow you to use opponent's dice to purchase? I have no accessible rulebook from the new set in the area and assumably it would be your own characters, but it just says KO 2 characters (in the case of a Flesh Golem I pulled). :?:

No, and without this ruling you could achieve this conclusion through the Judge Guidance:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8510

dmrulesteam

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:55 pm

rlrthesecond wrote:If I use Fabricate, and KO a character that has a "when KO'd" ability, do I immediately use the ability before I purchase the character with Fabricate, or does it trigger after I complete the Fabricate purchase?

You need to fully resolve one game action before another one can take place.

1) KO dice for Fabricate
2) Note which effects trigger for KO'd dice
3) Purchased die goes to the Used Pile
4) Resolve effects triggered for KO'd dice, if there is more than one effect, the player who controls them should choose the order they happen in

dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions