Swarm and Potion Lesser Spell

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Swarm and Potion Lesser Spell

Postby handurn » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:37 pm

Swarm: While active, whenever you draw one of this character’s dice from your bag during the Clear and Draw Step, draw one additional die.

Potion Lesser Spell: During your opponent's next Clear and Draw step, they must name all dice drawn prior to drawing dice. (one for each die they would draw, all at once).

I'm curious about the interaction between these two mechanics. If my opponent uses Potion and I correctly name all 4 dice. One of them happens to be a goblin, and I have a goblin in play, which triggers swarm.

Do I have the option, before the Clear and Draw, to name a swarm dice as a possibility and therefore name 5 total dice?
If not, does the extra swarm draw happen during the Clear and Draw step and is it subject to the forced naming of Potion, or between the Clear and Draw and the Roll and Reroll step, setting it outside the scope of Potion?
If affected, do I get to name an additional die before I draw (after the first 4, but before the 5th)?
If not, since I've already drawn all 4 named dice, can I choose NOT to swarm, if I don't like the prospect of throwing a random dice from my bag to my used pile?
handurn

Re: Swarm and Potion Lesser Spell

Postby dmrulesteam » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:46 pm

handurn wrote:Swarm: While active, whenever you draw one of this character’s dice from your bag during the Clear and Draw Step, draw one additional die.

Potion Lesser Spell: During your opponent's next Clear and Draw step, they must name all dice drawn prior to drawing dice. (one for each die they would draw, all at once).

I'm curious about the interaction between these two mechanics. If my opponent uses Potion and I correctly name all 4 dice. One of them happens to be a goblin, and I have a goblin in play, which triggers swarm.

Do I have the option, before the Clear and Draw, to name a swarm dice as a possibility and therefore name 5 total dice?
If not, does the extra swarm draw happen during the Clear and Draw step and is it subject to the forced naming of Potion, or between the Clear and Draw and the Roll and Reroll step, setting it outside the scope of Potion?
If affected, do I get to name an additional die before I draw (after the first 4, but before the 5th)?
If not, since I've already drawn all 4 named dice, can I choose NOT to swarm, if I don't like the prospect of throwing a random dice from my bag to my used pile?

You would name again if drawing extra dice still during the Clear and Draw Step, but you would still name one die for each die you'd draw, all at once.

For example, you name 4 dice, 2 of which trigger Swarm (Kobold and Goblin). You would now draw 2 additional dice. Name 2 dice and draw. Buy your holiday games and toys from the new Meijer Weekly ad.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions