Black Widow Stinger Aftershock Ability

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Black Widow Stinger Aftershock Ability

Postby nafohw1 » Fri May 20, 2016 2:56 pm

Hello,

I have a question regarding Black Widow Stinger and Captain America The First Avenger.

Black Widow reads: Aftershock - Deal 1 damage to target character die or player.

Captain America reads: while active, whenever you take non-combat damage, spin this character up one level.
* Also gain 1 life. (He has bursts on his level 1 and level 3 sides).

My question is, if I have Captain America fielded on his level 3 burst side and I KO multiple copies of my opponent's Black Widow Stinger dice, how does the aftershock resolve?

Would it be (a) the aftershock damage are all separate instances of damage, and as a result the 1 point of damage that I would take from each one would be essentially negated by Captain America's +1 life ability on his burst side?

Or would it be (b) that the aftershock ability from the multiple Black Widow dice would all resolve simultaneously and my Captain America would only essentially reduce all of the damage by one due to his +1 life ability? For example, 4 KOed Black Widow dice would trigger 4 aftershock damage, but I would take 3 damage from having Cap on his level 3 side.

Finally, is there a rule of thumb we should follow when trying to determine if damage is calculated all together or from separate instances?

Thank you for your time and assistance!
nafohw1

Re: Black Widow Stinger Aftershock Ability

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:37 pm

nafohw1 wrote:Hello,

I have a question regarding Black Widow Stinger and Captain America The First Avenger.

Black Widow reads: Aftershock - Deal 1 damage to target character die or player.

Captain America reads: while active, whenever you take non-combat damage, spin this character up one level.
* Also gain 1 life. (He has bursts on his level 1 and level 3 sides).

My question is, if I have Captain America fielded on his level 3 burst side and I KO multiple copies of my opponent's Black Widow Stinger dice, how does the aftershock resolve?

Would it be (a) the aftershock damage are all separate instances of damage, and as a result the 1 point of damage that I would take from each one would be essentially negated by Captain America's +1 life ability on his burst side?

Or would it be (b) that the aftershock ability from the multiple Black Widow dice would all resolve simultaneously and my Captain America would only essentially reduce all of the damage by one due to his +1 life ability? For example, 4 KOed Black Widow dice would trigger 4 aftershock damage, but I would take 3 damage from having Cap on his level 3 side.

Finally, is there a rule of thumb we should follow when trying to determine if damage is calculated all together or from separate instances?

Thank you for your time and assistance!

Great write up of this question!

One damage is happening four times when the Black Widow dice are KO'd.

Next, Captain America will use his ability four times, gaining a player 1 life for each.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions