Kitty Pryde: Shadowcat Global interaction question

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Kitty Pryde: Shadowcat Global interaction question

Postby cmevans2 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:48 pm

If I have "Kitty Pryde: Shadowcat" on my team as well as "Goblin Attack Force: Charge!". My question is the goblin attack force card says "This monster must attack (if legal). If a level 2 or higher monster damages you, knock this monster out."

So if I field the goblin attack force and use the kitty pryde global on that character die, will that cancel out the "must attack" requirement? Or would I be forced to take the option of paying 1 life? (basically the "if legal" is ambiguous here since I am the one choosing and I'm wondering if the "must attack" would force me to pay a life in this scenario).

Thanks!
cmevans2

Re: Kitty Pryde: Shadowcat Global interaction question

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:23 pm

cmevans2 wrote:If I have "Kitty Pryde: Shadowcat" on my team as well as "Goblin Attack Force: Charge!". My question is the goblin attack force card says "This monster must attack (if legal). If a level 2 or higher monster damages you, knock this monster out."

So if I field the goblin attack force and use the kitty pryde global on that character die, will that cancel out the "must attack" requirement? Or would I be forced to take the option of paying 1 life? (basically the "if legal" is ambiguous here since I am the one choosing and I'm wondering if the "must attack" would force me to pay a life in this scenario).

Thanks!

The ruling here applies:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4033

If you'd have to pay a cost to do something, you're not forced to do that thing. So if you'd need to pay 1 life to attack with Goblin Attack Force, you're unable to attack with Goblin Attack Force for their ability.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions