Ultraman Clarifications

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Ultraman Clarifications

Postby basementcuts » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:23 am

I have UM Fielded and use Kryptonite.

"While Ultraman is active, if a Kryptonite Action Die is used, you may use the effect of every Basic Action Card in play (with no burst) immediately."

My opponent has Oracle active.

"While Oracle is active, opponents must pay 1 each time they use an Action Die."

Question 1: For the purpose of game effects are " use an action", " use an action die", "use an action dies effect" equal when found in card text?

Question 2: Are the uses for Ultraman's effect implied to be free for game purposes?

Question 3: Based on your answer to question 1 and 2, how many times do I need to pay the oracle tax? 1 for use of Kryptonite or 5 for the use of Kryptonite and all the BAC's?

Question 4: if I need to pay the oracle tax for all five actions and cannot, am I unable to use Ultraman's ability at all or does this fall under the do as much as you can rule?
basementcuts

Re: Ultraman Clarifications

Postby dmrulesteam » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:11 pm

basementcuts wrote:I have UM Fielded and use Kryptonite.

"While Ultraman is active, if a Kryptonite Action Die is used, you may use the effect of every Basic Action Card in play (with no burst) immediately."

My opponent has Oracle active.

"While Oracle is active, opponents must pay 1 each time they use an Action Die."

Question 1: For the purpose of game effects are " use an action", " use an action die", "use an action dies effect" equal when found in card text?

Question 2: Are the uses for Ultraman's effect implied to be free for game purposes?

Question 3: Based on your answer to question 1 and 2, how many times do I need to pay the oracle tax? 1 for use of Kryptonite or 5 for the use of Kryptonite and all the BAC's?

Question 4: if I need to pay the oracle tax for all five actions and cannot, am I unable to use Ultraman's ability at all or does this fall under the do as much as you can rule?

Yes.
No, you're using the actions as if you rolled them (which may or may not be free).
1 for Kryptonite, 5 in total if you don't use Kryptonite to Blank Oracle.
If you can't pay the 4, since using those abilities is all or nothing, you can't start down the path when it's known you couldn't finish, just like you couldn't partially pay for a die then fail to purchase it.
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions