Swarm Bag Burn

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Dice Masters Mod

Swarm Bag Burn

Postby dm-donnie » Fri May 26, 2017 2:34 pm

If I have The Super Rare DarkSeid and Super Rare Multiple man in the field. In my bag are 8 sidekick dice and 5 Multiple man dice. On my clear and draw I pull 2 Multiple man and 2 sidekicks, Swarm triggers I pull 4 more dice and repeat my last pull from swarm triggering my bag is empty. Would I take burn damage from not being able to to pull those dice from the swarm ability?
dm-donnie

Re: Swarm Bag Burn

Postby dmrulesteam » Tue May 30, 2017 11:37 am

dm-donnie wrote:If I have The Super Rare DarkSeid and Super Rare Multiple man in the field. In my bag are 8 sidekick dice and 5 Multiple man dice. On my clear and draw I pull 2 Multiple man and 2 sidekicks, Swarm triggers I pull 4 more dice and repeat my last pull from swarm triggering my bag is empty. Would I take burn damage from not being able to to pull those dice from the swarm ability?

No.

Per the rulebook:

If, after refilling the bag, you are only able to draw fewer than four dice, lose one life and gain one generic energy for each die fewer than four that you drew. For example, if you only drew three dice from the bag, you would gain one generic energy and lose one life.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Postby woozlewozzle » Tue May 30, 2017 5:09 pm

Does that mean that bag burn only happens from the initial 4 dice?

So if I use an action die to draw more dice, I can't possibly take bag burn and will instead just draw as many as I can and then stop?
woozlewozzle

Postby dmrulesteam » Wed May 31, 2017 1:37 pm

woozlewozzle wrote:Does that mean that bag burn only happens from the initial 4 dice?

So if I use an action die to draw more dice, I can't possibly take bag burn and will instead just draw as many as I can and then stop?

That's correct. So if you have 0 dice in your bag, and 1 die in your Used Pile, but would attempt to draw 2 dice from an action die's effect, you would draw 1 die after refilling your bag but take no damage.

-The Dice Masters Rules Team
dmrulesteam

Return to Dice Masters Rules Questions