EX 029 President Osborn

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

EX 029 President Osborn

Postby seasparrow » Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:16 am

YOU ARE MY BODYGUARD, AND I PAY CASH: At the beginning of the game, choose another friendly character that is 75 points or less -or- has the Sinister Syndicate keyword to become President Osborn's Bodyguard. If President Osborn's Bodyguard is within 4 squares, they have "FREE: Choose two different combat values and modify both +1 until your next turn."

Does the "they" regarding the FREE action refer to the bodyguard or to President Osborn *and* the bodyguard?
seasparrow

Re: EX 029 President Osborn

Postby hcrulesteam » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:27 pm

seasparrow wrote:Does the "they" regarding the FREE action refer to the bodyguard or to President Osborn *and* the bodyguard?

Only President Osborn's Bodyguard gains the effect.
hcrulesteam

Postby beezie84 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:07 pm

YOU ARE MY BODYGUARD, AND I PAY CASH: At the beginning of the game, choose another friendly character that is 75 points or less -or- has the Sinister Syndicate keyword to become President Osborn's Bodyguard. If President Osborn's Bodyguard is within 4 squares, they have "FREE: Choose two different combat values and modify both +1 until your next turn."

If the bodyguard activates the effect while with 4 squares of President Osborn, do they lose the modifiers if they are no longer within 4 squares of President Osborn?
beezie84

Postby hcrulesteam » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:16 am

beezie84 wrote:If the bodyguard activates the effect while with 4 squares of President Osborn, do they lose the modifiers if they are no longer within 4 squares of President Osborn?

Yes. In order to have access to the effect, the Bodyguard must be within 4 squares of President Osborn. Once they are no longer within 4 squares of President Osborn, they no longer meet the requirements to access the effect so they can no longer use it. If they activated the effect before moving away, the duration of the effect is only temporarily suspended. If they can meet the requirement again (being within 4 squares of President Osborn) before the specified duration ends, they would regain the modifiers.
hcrulesteam

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive