EX 062 Captain Venom

Moderator: HeroClix Mods

EX 062 Captain Venom

Postby jaysolomongrundy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:41 am

;Star; EDDIE, YOU'RE JUST THE MAN WE NEED: During game setup when establishing themed teams, you may treat the Monster keyword as a named keyword.

;Star; INFILTRATE THE CORPS: Stealth. During force construction, choose a generic keyword or a Battleworld keyword. Thanos gains the chosen keyword.

Can a character that gains a generic keyword during Force Construction choose Monster and then use Captain Venom's trait to have Monster considered to be named?

;Star; I WORK BETTER WITH A TEAM: During Force Construction, choose a named keyword. Silver Sable gains that keyword.

What about a character that gains a named keyword? Can I choose Monster knowing it will become a named keyword?
jaysolomongrundy

Re: EX 062 Captain Venom

Postby hcrulesteam » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:34 pm

jaysolomongrundy wrote:Can a character that gains a generic keyword during Force Construction choose Monster and then use Captain Venom's trait to have Monster considered to be named?

Yes. With Thanos' effect, the generic keyword (Monster) is chosen during force construction, which is before game setup when Captain Venom's trait would resolve.

What about a character that gains a named keyword? Can I choose Monster knowing it will become a named keyword?

No. As noted above, Captain Venom's trait does not resolve until game setup, which occurs after force construction. During force construction, the Monster keyword is not considered a named keyword, so Silver Sable would not be able to choose it.
hcrulesteam

Return to Heroclix Past Rules Archive