Wave 7 - Enterprise NX-01 - Enhanced Hull Plating

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Wave 7 - Enterprise NX-01 - Enhanced Hull Plating

Postby justinkase » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:46 am

During the Roll Defense Dice step of the Combat Phase, if your ship is not Cloaked and you have no Active Shields, you may add up to 2 [evade] results to your defense roll. If you do so, place 1 Auxillary Power Token beside your ship for each [evade] result you added with this Upgrade.

This Upgrade may only be purchased for a Federation ship. You cannot deploy more than 1 "Enchanced Hull Plating" [tech] Upgrade to any ship.

Can a ship use multiple copies of Enhanced Hull Plating at the same time if it has gained multiples (i.e. : through the use of Superior Intellect, Assimilation Tubules or Quark, etc.)?
justinkase

Re: Wave 7 Enterprise NX-01 Federation Enhanced Hull Plating

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:45 am

This Upgrade may only be purchased for a Federation ship. You cannot deploy more than 1 "Enchanced Hull Plating" [tech] Upgrade to any ship.

You could not get multiple copies on 1 ship. If you were to steal, assimilate, or use Quark on a ship that already had a copy of this card you would need to discard the second copy.
stawrulesteam

Postby cut » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:33 am

A quick follow-up question:

When using Enhanced Hull Plating -

'During the Roll Defense Dice step of the Combat Phase, if your ship is not Cloaked and you have no Active Shields, you may add up to 2 [evade] results to your defense roll. If you do so, place 1 Auxillary Power Token beside your ship for each [evade] result you added with this Upgrade.
This Upgrade may only be purchased for a Federation ship. You cannot deploy more than 1 "Enchanced Hull Plating" [tech] Upgrade to any ship.' -

when do I have to decide if and how many Evade tokens I'll produce?

Before or after the Defense Dice are rolled (and have been modified)?
cut

Postby stawrulesteam » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:20 pm

cut wrote:A quick follow-up question:

When using Enhanced Hull Plating -

'During the Roll Defense Dice step of the Combat Phase, if your ship is not Cloaked and you have no Active Shields, you may add up to 2 [evade] results to your defense roll. If you do so, place 1 Auxillary Power Token beside your ship for each [evade] result you added with this Upgrade.
This Upgrade may only be purchased for a Federation ship. You cannot deploy more than 1 "Enchanced Hull Plating" [tech] Upgrade to any ship.' -

when do I have to decide if and how many Evade tokens I'll produce?

Before or after the Defense Dice are rolled (and have been modified)?

During the Roll Defense Dice step you may choose to activate this card. It may be before or after you have rolled your dice, but it must be before any modifications including re-rolling.
stawrulesteam

Postby tolwyn » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:33 am

One question we came up on this card yesterday.

How much Auxiliary Tokens can I generate with this card and can I used it against attacks from multiple ships?

For example my NX gets shot by shipA, I use the hull plating for 2 Aux and Evade, the ship B fires at my NX after tship A and I again use the hull plating for 2 Evade and Aux.
tolwyn

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:36 pm

tolwyn wrote:One question we came up on this card yesterday.

How much Auxiliary Tokens can I generate with this card and can I used it against attacks from multiple ships?

For example my NX gets shot by shipA, I use the hull plating for 2 Aux and Evade, the ship B fires at my NX after tship A and I again use the hull plating for 2 Evade and Aux.

Cards with non-Action optional card text may only activate once per round. Enhanced Hull Plating could only be used against in defense against 1 attack for up to 2 evade tokens.
stawrulesteam

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions