Collective - Month 1 - Ti'Mur - Koss

Ask your rules questions here!

Moderator: Star Trek Mods

Re: Koss and Dispersion Field

Postby alyksandyr » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:19 pm

stawrulesteam wrote:Crosis could try to disable Varel and Dispersion Field would stop the "steal". Crosis would be discarded and Dispersion Field would be discarded.

Thank you for the prompt response. I assume that if it was Koss who was providing the protection, the player could use another card (Weyoun/Li Nalis/Bev Crusher) to prevent the discard of Koss?
alyksandyr

Postby stawrulesteam » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:04 pm

alyksandyr wrote:
stawrulesteam wrote:Crosis could try to disable Varel and Dispersion Field would stop the "steal". Crosis would be discarded and Dispersion Field would be discarded.

Thank you for the prompt response. I assume that if it was Koss who was providing the protection, the player could use another card (Weyoun/Li Nalis/Bev Crusher) to prevent the discard of Koss?

Yes, that is correct.
stawrulesteam

Postby doomtwig » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:38 pm

As Koss's errata'd wording does not include a "may," it is not an optional effect, and so if, after use, it is saved from discard by Weyoun/Li Nalas/Beverly Crusher, it may be triggered again in the same round?
doomtwig

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:57 am

doomtwig wrote:As Koss's errata'd wording does not include a "may," it is not an optional effect, and so if, after use, it is saved from discard by Weyoun/Li Nalas/Beverly Crusher, it may be triggered again in the same round?

As stated in the FAQ:
16. If one of my own cards requires me to "discard" or "disable" the card in order to activate its special ability, can I choose when to use this card (e.g. Worf (Starter), Uhura, McCoy)?
Yes.

Any card that has a "cost" of a Discard or Disable is optional. Koss may only be activated once per round.
stawrulesteam

Postby thaller » Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:30 pm

Does that mean you can choose to allow an opponent to affect an Upgrade in order to not discard Koss?
thaller

Postby stawrulesteam » Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:07 pm

thaller wrote:Does that mean you can choose to allow an opponent to affect an Upgrade in order to not discard Koss?

Yes.
stawrulesteam

Previous

Return to Star Trek: Attack Wing Rules Questions